Release Note
ZenTalk

1234Next

[Replied] Asus Zenfone 5 Strange lock screen - unable to unlock

42108 35
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Anand D IND Level 1 | All posts
Hi All..This is a very strange problem on my second phone. As you see on the screenshot, this is the screen it stays on and doesnt move further. I cannot unlock or move further anywhere. On the top section, the middle portion is where i could swipe and I get the above widget and then on swipe I get the flashlight widget, another swipe I get the Clock.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I had tried re-booting it via the command mode and the regular restart as well. This is driving me crazy as even the ASUS tech support doesnt know the answer. I believe the OS is working fine but there is something on top of this that causing the phone not to connect. I cannot recieve calls as well.

The clock shows correct time, the flashlight works etc. but doesnt move further. Also I tried connecting to my comp to take backup, it doesnt show any data on it.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,
Anand
IMG_20150602_163957985.jpg
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by debopriyobasu on 2015/6/5 17:37

HELLO!RESTART YOUR PHONE AND YOU CAN TRY TO ACCESS SETTINGS.
PLEASE GO TO SETTINGS> ASUS CUSTOMISED SETTINGS->UNCHECK "ENABLE ASUS COVER" OPTION. Screenshot_2015-06-05-16-37-34[1].jpg
I HOPE IT HELPS!

Props
Are you using flip cover??............
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/6/5 19:07
HELLO!
PLEASE GO TO ASUS CUSTOMISED SETTINGS->UNCHECK "ENABLE ASUS COVER" OPTION.
I HOPE IT HELPS! ...

I think he can not do this because the phone is locked according to him
Props
anirbanmid posted on 2015/6/5 16:10
I think he can not do this because the phone is locked according to him

he should try covering the phone from top to bottom with any object and remove it.
It should make his screen unlock as phone will understand it as a flip cover.
he should also try waving his hand over the proximity sensor to unlock.
Props
If you are using flip cover please replace it. Because some time low quality flip covers uses magnet of higher intensity that causes this type of problem. If you are near any strong magnetic field then that will cause the problem.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Well first upon switch off your zenfone by pressing power key for long time then clean your screen with cloth and then start it again it should work
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/6/5 19:15
he should try covering the phone from top to bottom with any object and remove it.
It should make  ...

Debopriyo actually you have a wrong concept. No cover will be recognised as as flip cover unless the cover has a small magnet at its left bottom corner. Flip cover sensor works on this magnetic field principle. You can try it yourself. Place a magnet at lower left corner over the screen.
Props
MYS Level 1 | All posts
Hi,

I also have the same thing with my z5. I never use flip cover. I dunno whats wrong with it. Still can swipe the time, torch, and weather but cannot go into home screen and apps. I tried hard reset, reboot, factory reset, wipe out data, recovery almost everything, but it still like that.

Only this thread shows exactly pic of the problem that I have with my zen 5.

Please help.

Thanks.
Props
d7607 posted on 2015/6/24 09:20
Hi,

I also have the same thing with my z5. I never use flip cover. I dunno whats wrong with it. Sti ...

The ASUS cover option is enabled by default.
By chance,it has happened that without the flip cover,your phone has understood that you have put a flip cover.Try to reiterate the condition of a flip cover by covering the phone like a flip cover.
It would have been better if you had a view flip cover as by attaching it again,your problem would have been solved.
You should then go to settings>asus customised settings>untick enable view flip cover to avoid such issues in future.
Props
1234Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm