Model: ZE550ML
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: Android M
Frequency of Occurrence: 4G
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Last edited by GowthamRaNa on 2016/11/21 20:30

I have updated my ZenFone 2 to the latest Android M version today. Everything seems fine but I find few apps getting installed as default apps like Facebook, Facebook messenger, Instagram, Google calendar, Google messenger. But there is already Asus calendar and Asus messenger.

I cannot uninstall either of the apps. I just can disable them. I find its useless to have 2 apps for the same purpose. Is there any way for uninstalling the apps? I can have some other installed instead of those useless apps. Please assist.
Screenshot_20161121-202159_1.jpg
Screenshot_20161121-202156_1.jpg
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
The two similar type of apps are from different vendors.
For example,  the Calender app with the icon of red and white color is from Asus and other being from the Google and same is with the Messaging app is from Asus and Messenger app is from Google.

On Marshmallow, Asus stopped service for some of their apps, like messaging, calender, music, etc.
For more information regarding this, it is advised to read the release notes before installing the firmware update.

Also this would not been happened if you have performed a factory/hard reset after installing the update.
A factory/hard reset is needed after any major update.

Also the Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram app will be now preloaded app with Marshmallow on Asus.
If you don't need them, disable them.
For that Go to the Settings, then to Apps, then find unnecessary apps, and then disable/uninstall them.

Good Luck.
Props Helpful 0
IND Level 1 | All posts
If you reset your mobile then asus calendar and asus messenger will be unistalled
Props
i want asus music can anyone tell me the link to download it
Props
YOU NEED TI DO FACTORY RESET AFTER SUCESSFULLY UPDATE LOLLIPOP TO MM..ALL ARE DO THIS...IF YOU DO FACTORY RESET THEN ASUS massaging,asus calender and more app that double
Props
Go to play store my apps and games then all apps there you will find asus music app
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm