Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 2.20.40.196
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.3
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Marshmallow
Screenshot: -
Hi,

My Phone runs on lollipop 5.0 with 2.20.40.196 firmware, I'd like to know when the OTA Marshmallow update arrives, I don't want to flash it manually, I'm waiting for it impatiently

Regards  
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Last edited by Robex on 2016/10/9 17:55

Android M upgrade is available as OTA manual download only. There is no ETA for Android M FOTA upgrade by Asus.
As now FOTA updates are reserved for Android L.

Release note and download link for Android M ZE551ML  https://www.asus.com/zentalk/for ... peid%26typeid%3D199

Edit: The OTA manual download is same process as FOTA upgrade apart from that you have to download zip file from the link provided in the release note, then you place it in root folder in internal memory and restart your phone and you'll see notification to upgrade, same as if would be through FOTA upgrade. From here the same.
No big deal, I guess.

Props Helpful 0
So far it can only be updated manually, I haven't heard of any over the air update. It is quite easy to update manually, you just download the file with the correct region, that matches your phone (WW, or CN, etc.) It gets auto detected and you can start the process the update. But in the end if you don't want to do it like this I guess you just will have to wait sadly
Props
ITA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by roberto.selmi on 2016/10/9 06:48

The manual update work without problems
Props
ITA Level 1 | All posts
My telephone seems new and fast, without scratch anything's, the only concern are the possibility to maintain applications in the SD card without format. But if reinstall the same apps all the settings are in place.
Props
ITA Level 1 | All posts
This is an ASUS great work for me, this telephone are the best for price and capacity
Props
JAM Level 1 | All posts
I want a marshmallow update now plese 
Props
BRA Level 5 | All posts
Boa tarde!

Essas versões que não são oficiais ao serem instaladas, perdemos a garantia do dispositivo?

Abraços!

Good afternoon!

These versions are not official to be installed, we lose the device warranty?

Hugs!
Props
HOW TO UPGRADE Marshmallow MY ZE551ML PHONE
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
mekala.k12nagaraju posted on 2016/10/10 11:39
HOW TO UPGRADE Marshmallow MY ZE551ML PHONE

What more info you need apart from the info I gave in post #7 ?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm