Release Note
ZenTalk
12Next

[Share] How to enter Android recovery mode of ZenFone 3 Max and what's inside.

77969 15
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Tan Lee PHL Level 7 | All posts
Last edited by Tan Lee on 2016/10/1 18:59

"Recovery is an independent, lightweight runtime environment that's included on a separate partition from the main Android OS on all Android devices. You can boot directly into recovery mode and use it to factory reset the device, delete the cache partition, or apply software updates"

220121bb6zv0ja0t6t6kaa.jpg

Entering to android recovery mode of ASUS ZenFone 3 Max is just similar with ASUS ZenFone Go and other mediatek devices, but it has few diffirence depending on what OS version they have

warning: Do not ever select or go through volume down, just dont do it.
Take at your own risk, if failed to follow or some error encountered, i am not responsibe to data loss/phone bricked/system failed, so kindly back all of your important files,apps and contacts

Let's proceed,
1. Turn off ASUS ZenFone 3 Max.
2. Press & hold power button + press/click volume up once.
Powet button,volume up.jpg

3. Then select "recovery", as you can see on your screen to select volume up and to enter press volume down.
Select recovery mode.jpg

4. The device will proceed to next just wait and then no command/deaddroid will displayed on your screen, nothing to worry with that just press & hold power button and press/click once for volume up and you are now in android recovery mode.
No command.jpg

5. As you can see, there are 12 selection,there's a displayed current firmware version of the device.
Android recovery mode.jpg

Just a basic explanation & instructions about apply from ADB, Apply from MicroSD,Wipe Data/Factort Reset and Wipe Cache Partitions below. Do not mind the rest.

Proceed to Apply update from adb here. (Not Available,wil update this soon)
"Apply update from ADB: The Android Debug Bridge allows you to plug your device into your PC and issue commands from there. It's designed for developers and requires you to install the Android SDK (software development kit) or basically applying system firmware update through desktop"

Proceed to Apply update from sdcard here.

For wipe data/factory reset, it's just the same with the factory reset in phone settings,
this is an alternative way.
Note: save first all of your important files and remove sim cards and microsd/external storage.
If you are already in android recovery mode,follow the 5steps above then just select wipe data/factory reset then select Yes.
Wipe data.jpg

process only about minutes or less and done, the device back to the original settings and apps.
Select reboot system(restart device)

For wipe cache partitions , "The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly"
It's just the same process above, just simply select wipe cache partitions and it takes only minutes or less.
Wipe cache.jpg

If completed, select reboot system(restart device)

For questions,suggestions or correcting, feel free to comment below.
Thank you for visiting my article.
Let's start talking!

For my ASUS ZenFone 3 Max review visit here: [Review]ASUS ZenFone 3 Max

I am incredible

Current ZenFone:
ASUS ZenFone 5 (T00J)
ASUS ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL)
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts

my phone bootloop, can someone tell me how to fix this?
i've tried the recovery mode but when i press down button its going to the boot screen andd keep boot looping again,
when i used fastboot mode and install driver my computer recognized it as tp-link mobile phone - android bootloader interface, but when i used commad "adb devices" in cmd there is no phone connected in the list.
Please helpme,,
Thank You
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
I just wanna ask, why my zc520tl stop charge when reach 60 % battery? but battery indicator and led works normal. it charge if i turn off the device.
Props
PHL Level 3 | All posts
Prevously, Vol Down was the one giving the English version, after my unit came back from the Service Center, it changed to Chinese.
Props
If you want to recover data from android phone .Why not try Coolmuster Android Data Recovery software. It works well and has the ability to help android users to deeply scan their mobile phone and display both deleted and existed data in the program. And then you can select files for restoring.
How to restore android phone Contacts ,Messages
Props
PHL Dr.Zen(PH) | All posts
Can I ask what's the reason we shouldn't use the power button + volume DOWN command?
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
I thougt its thesame for zenfone 2, i turn it off ang i press power+vol down. And kaboom chinese chinese words hhaha .got lucky i got out by pressing power button till it goes reboot.. 
Props
PHL Dr.Zen(PH) | All posts
So what is the reason that we shouldn't use the "Power button + volume down" ?
Props
How bout the down volume?
It shows lots of Chinese text....what is it for?
Props
IRN Level 1 | All posts
Hi

I have Zenfone 3 Max Plus (ZC553KL) but The above method:
2. Press & hold power button + press/click volume up once.
do not work for me anymore! (and for many others as I searched even those 3 Max without plus). When I use above method I saee a message like:
CSC Fastboot   Mode!!!
Long time press power button to restart.

To help others to reach to boot menu, I did this:
  • Turn off your device.
  • Press and HOLD both Volome Down & Power Buttons.
  • When You saw Asus logo release Power button BUT keep holding the Volome Down button.
  • When You saw the boot menu, release the Volome Down button.

Thanks for your great tuturial, please update your first post and add this method too so others can use your great topic much better.

Good Luck

Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm