Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Resolved] [System] Root file or Root directory?

31233 16
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
You guys talk about the root file for the manual update, i.e. when someone wants to download the update through the asus official website, you all say to put it in the root directory. I am highly confused. Please anyone tell me what and which is the root directory and how to manual update it.

Thanks to all.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
extract the file and put into internal storage directly, not in folders..
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Extract the firmware once and place it directly into internal storage (not inside folder). When you disconnect your phone you'll get notification to update the phone.
Props
IND ZenCare | All posts
HI,
you can find "Software Update SOP for ZenFone 4 /4.5 /5/ 6(Eng)to update" on support site under manuals.

below are the steps to update OTA;
1. download OTA ZIP file from Asus support site of model/region/version,
2. copy the firmware.zip file in internal memory (pelase unzip the file file or you can check file format should be like example:  UL-ASUS_T00I-WW-7.3.3.0-user)
3. you will get notification in system notification bar "system update file detected" tap on it to install.
4. Please connect power adapter or ensure that the battery life is at least 15% when you see the “System
upgrade available” message, and then press OK button.
5. And then the system will run the updating process automatically. and at last you will get pop up message saying "successful system update"
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
root directory-that means directly on internal storage.
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/5/29 15:05
root directory-that means directly on internal storage.

I knew you will say something. Your comments are nearly in every thread. Good. Keep it up. Dont take it on heart
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I have put that file into internal storage but no pop-ups and no notification on bar,  please help me how to update
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
DEAR, SIMPLY YOU SHOULD NEED TO PUT THAT FILE IN INTERNAL STORAGE NOT ANY FOLDER.
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
rahul.bitu143 posted on 2015/7/6 15:03
I have put that file into internal storage but no pop-ups and no notification on bar,  please help m ...

You need to paste the downloaded zip file directly into the Internal Storage (not under any sub folder). After copying, remove the USB Cable and you will get system update notification with (!) mark.

Also, make sure your current firmware version...it must be either 2.22.40.53 or 2.22.40.54
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I have extracted and paste file directly in internal storage but still I am not getting updates
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm