RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: 3.24.40.78
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.2
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Last edited by Hellomama on 2016/5/16 15:56

Hi everyone.

My zenfone 5 has rooted, installed TWRP 2.8.7.0. The last time I flash my phone is 6-January. Yesterday I tried to install custom rom because the stockrom took too much storage. But I face 2 issues:
ISSUES 1: My PC no more recognizes my zenfone. I didnt do any driver change in my laptop.

Screenshot (23).png
- I tried to download the driver from http://www.asus.com/vn/Phone/ZenFone_5_A501CG/HelpDesk_Download/
- Then tried to Update driver using "Have Disk", But a message appear:
Screenshot (24).png

- I tried to connect to my friend's laptop, it's not working too.
- I think it's because the PC cant not receive Phone's ID.
- I tried other usb ports, cables. So the worst thing is my phone mini usb port is damged

ISSUE 2:
- I tried to update TWRP 2.8.7.0 to 3.0 from TWRP.
- The right procedure is choosing the IMG file, choose "Recover Partition" and flash.
- But there is no partition to show, which should be Root and Recovery Partition.
- Because I can not use ADB, I cant do anything.

My phone is consuming more and more storage. The best I can do is Factory reset then clear storage frequently. It's not the best option. Please im Stucked after doing research alot .

Props
IDN Level 5 | All posts
Have you tried to unroot your device first? What is your Windows version? Have you PC-Link installed on your PC?
Props
Hellomama USA Level 2 | All posts
PC-Link installed on my PC. My PC is windows 10, it updated to 1511 on 14. I didnt try to unroot. I rooted using adb method. I dont know how to unroot using the app only. I tried for 2 days but my PC cant still recognize it.

I see a thing that if i check and uncheck MTP or USB Debug, my PC try to recognize it again but fail.
Second thing, I uninstall the old driver from January, at a point my PC try to download new Driver Android Composite ADB Interface. But it failed and say everything is up to date.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
have you try to use another cable or another slot usb on your pc?
Props
IDN Level 5 | All posts
OK, actually by installing PC-Link on your Windows 10, it should install newest USB driver for your Zen 5, to make sure the drivers installed on your PC please open device manager, click on view then choose show hidden devices, if your driver was installed, there should be 3 drivers exist at your device manager, see picture below (without Zen 5 connected to PC) it showing greyed out.

Device manager.PNG

If the drivers haven't installed yet, do not use your method at your first post, it won't works on Windows 10, only works for Windows 7 and 8.
To install the drivers on Windows 10, open the folder that you have downloaded from ASUS help desk site using file explorer, open Windows_XP_VISTA_7_8_8.1 folder then Android folder, right click android_winusb.inf file then click install.

Install1_compressed.jpg

Then open Windows_XP_VISTA_7 folder, click MTP folder, right click asus_wpdmtp.inf file then click install.

Install 2_compressed.jpg

To unroot Zen 5 without PC please follow the instruction on this article: Unroot Asus Zenfone 4, 5 & 6 without Computer using Root Zenfone app
If still doesn't works, there's possibility hardware problem from your Zen 5 device, please bring it to service center.
Props
I right click and Install, it say The operation completed successfully but I dont see Asus Android Devices in Device Manager
Props
I choose add legacy hardware and it appear the grey out one like yours. But when connencting my phone, my PC still say can not recognize my phone
Props
DonKambing posted on 2016/5/17 00:12
have you try to use another cable or another slot usb on your pc?

I tried 3 cable, and all 4 slot. I also try on my friend laptop running windows 10 too
Props
IDN Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Jusup on 2016/5/17 15:49
Hellomama posted on 2016/5/17 13:10
I choose add legacy hardware and it appear the grey out one like yours. But when connencting my phon ...

If that so, you should bring your Zenfone to ASUS service center, there's possibility that your device have hardware problem, BTW have you tried to unroot your device first? Because, usually rooted Zen 5 have problem with permission to load files that needed for firmware flashing or upgrade/downgrade process.
Props
Jusup posted on 2016/5/17 16:43
If that so, you should bring your Zenfone to ASUS service center, there's possibility that your dev ...

I did unroot my phone. Still can not recognize my phone. I think this is hardware problem. I will bring it to Asus service center. Thank you for helping ^^
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm