Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [System] NO FOTA update notifications, failing to install firmware even manually

2985 2
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
pjl3dm203 PHL Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_1.11.40.302_20150819
Frequency of Occurrence: Not sure but I live in PH
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi I just purchased my phone today, brand new sealed and so far I did not receive any FOTA notifications from ASUS anyway whatsoever I kept trying Check for updates but no avail.
My current version is very very old and is at 1.11.40.302. So I tried to manually update my firmware by downloading ASUS firmware from website, I first tried the latest one which is 1.15. I put it in my Internal Storage in my phone and a notification popped up saying that there is an update, I clicked on that and installed the update. The phone was upgrading, till at 20% or so in the progress bar, the phone stopped and there was an error saying: "E: failed to verify whole-file signature".

I re-copied it and pasted it again to my internal storage, and now my sd card and tried both, still same error, I tried wiping cache, still same error.

So I proceeded to download 1.12 full firmware and 1.14 full firmware from ASUS website, the update still failed, same error: "E: failed to verify whole-file signature"

I am so disappointed, my friend bought his selfie a week ago and there were absolutely no problems in getting a FOTA update notification. He was also able to update manually as it seems.

Please someone help me, I dont want to be stuck on 1.11 forever. I see moderators here getting serial numbers of the phone trying to have it fixed. T I am willing to give you my phone's serial number.
Props
Hello pjl3dm203
Thank you for your post
I have received your serial number and we have checked that
you have received FOTA notification last night
May I ask that did you received the notice?
Thank you
Props
pjl3dm203 PHL Level 1 | All posts
bill2_change_ASUS

I confirm I received FOTA yesterday, thank you so much! Is their something wrong with the phone serials being blacklisted?
I have a friend who is also having a problem with his selfie that he purchased yesterday.

I will have him PM you guys his serial, thank you so much.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm