Model: -
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: Mostly
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Wifi Hotspot
Screenshot: -
HI Asus

I am using ze551ml 2 Gb varient. In my device i could see that my wifi hotspot is not working properly. When i switch on Hotspot it satrts up. but when i try to connect other devices , the device cannot connect itslef. And i have tried with various devices so it has to be problem with the hotspot only. And also the Apps which use hotspot like Shareit, Superbeam also does not function well due to this connection issue. Kinldy help us to get this resolved soon.

Note: i have tried wiping cache and factory reset, it doesnt work.
Regards
Sarath

Props
IND Level 6 | All posts
Please go to nearest Asus service Center asap???
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Sarath,

Please follow steps below for troubleshooting:

1. Perform Boost: Slide down the screen from upper area to access Quick settings and then tap Boost.
2. Uninstall apps that are not often used: Settings > Apps > (select an app) Uninstall.
3. Clear cache of apps: Settings > Apps > select apps that may cause malfunction > Clear cache.
4. Launch Play Store and update all apps.
5. Reboot your phone.
6. Update firmware to latest version: Settings > About > System update > Check Update.
7. Access Safe Mode by long pressing power key > tapping and holding Power Off > tapping OK. If your phone works well in Safe Mode, there may be some 3rd apps that cause malfunction. Please reboot your phone and check again if it works well.
8. Backup your data and perform factory data reset.

Props
sarath kumar IND Level 2 | All posts
Hi Max

I have tried all these steps but nothing works.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Sarath,

If you still face the issue, you may try third party app for Wifi hotspot from Google Playstore.

As you have mentioned that you have tried factory reset and safe mode, if the above mentioned step doesn't work we suggest you to visit your nearest service center.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm