Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[More Information Needed] Music player auto stops when plays some songs and can't plays again.

7365 17
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
LeNhat VNM Level 2 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: 2.20.40.168
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Music
Screenshot: -
Last edited by LeNhat on 2016/3/2 11:43

When I listen music by the music app(version: 2.0.0.47_151201) on Zenfone, when music player plays after some songs, it auto stops and i tried press button play again but can't.

-FIle log and video in attachment

log.zip

3.36 KB, Downloads: 87

File log of music player

Props
ISR Level 2 | All posts
It's the same problem that i have ... please asus solve this stupid problem..
Props
ROM Level 2 | All posts
Just download AIMP or any other music player from Google Store. This won't ever be fixed. They have bigger problems to fix but they don't do shit.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi LeNhat,

Could you check for me the format of music file you play?

thanks
Props
LeNhat VNM Level 2 | All posts
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2016/3/3 13:35
Hi LeNhat,

Could you check for me the format of music file you play?

Format of music file is lossless (.flac)
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
LeNhat posted on 2016/3/3 01:39
Format of music file is lossless (.flac)

Convert it to either 128kbps or 192kbps mp3's. This should solve that problem.
Props
ROM Level 2 | All posts
Driver8666 posted on 2016/3/3 01:48
Convert it to either 128kbps or 192kbps mp3's. This should solve that problem.

I was having the same problem with .mp3
The problem is not the format but the player. Don't find excuses.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Driver8666 on 2016/3/3 05:33
Ionait posted on 2016/3/3 03:25
I was having the same problem with .mp3
The problem is not the format but the player. Don't find e ...

It's not an excuse. I've got no problems with the app jackass. The format might be the problem. .flac I have never used. All my mp3's are ripped at 192 or 320kbps. Either bit rate I have no issues with. If I get the file in another format than mp3, I have the tools on my laptop to convert it to that format. Plus I can fix the problem on my laptop before it hits the phone.

Because of this, I don't have this issue. Did you ever think .flac files might not be supported? I also use a program called Equalizer Plus on my phone. It might solve that issue, as .flac is one of the supported formats. If you can play .flac files on another app, then you can pretty much say that in the default player, the file format is not supported.

Did you exhaust that option yet? No? Start doing it. My suggestion at this point is to download another music app off Google Play and run the file through that.
Props
ROM Level 2 | All posts
Driver8666 posted on 2016/3/3 05:15
It's not an excuse. I've got no problems with the app jackass. The format might be the problem. .fl ...

And I'm telling you that I had the exact same problem as the OP while playing .mp3 files. Once I installed AIMP it didn't occur anymore.

Now, if I can play something on an external music player without problems, but it stops working on the Asus player, whose fault do you think it is?
Let me put it this way: same file, works with one player, doesn't with another player. Is it because of the file or because of the player?

And your suggestion is just a workaround. When you deliver a product, you are expected to deliver it working.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Driver8666 on 2016/3/7 05:46
Ionait posted on 2016/3/3 05:36
And I'm telling you that I had the exact same problem as the OP while playing .mp3 files. Once I i ...

I was lucky not to have any of those issues with Windows 10 on a custom made hp. No offense. I upgraded, took 5 hours from start to finish, then ran through the main programs first then the secondary ones. Zero issues. Downloading took 45 minutes because of server issues. The installation, and testing took 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Anyways, with Equalizer Plus, I have an extended version of Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins. The app would play Discs 1 and 2 okay, but Discs 3, 4, and 5 wouldn't play any tracks. I wrote to them about it. They replied back and asked for sample tracks. I sent them 3, one track from Discs 3, 4 and 5. It would play on the stock, but not Equalizer Plus. It wouldn't play either on their players. And they are the developers. That left them speechless because I found that. It took them 2 updates to correct that problem. (This is where the "don't expect a fix anytime soon comes in"). I didn't convert them from 192kbps to a lower bit rate because it's pointless. I would've sent 56kbps files, but the audio at that rate is so shitty, I didn't even consider it. Since then I use a mix of stock and Equalizer Plus. But the version I use is the paid version, so I'm able to access more. Almost all my apps on my phone are paid for. I hate the ads. Equalizer Plus was initially bought for my tablet. I still use it on my tablet.

Because you mentioned that is it because of the file or the player, and I ran into this with Equalzer Plus in regards to the player, (mp3) I'm going to agree with you. But if it's the stock player? Jury is out on that.

If the op tries this on the freeware version of Equalizer Plus, it might work without converting it to .mp3. If you're having the same issue, try it on that and not the stock so you can rule one, the other or both out.

Another tip. Watch the Bass Boost on Equalizer Plus, if you exit and restart the program. I had issues with the level staying where I last left it. I'd set the boost for 19%, exit the app and restart it, and almost go deaf because it jumped to 100%, because I was using either SkullCandy Hesh 2 Bluetooth headphones or Sony MDR-7506's (MDR-7506's are what professional recording studios and audio engineers use. Rarely do I use the 7506's with my phone. I've used the 7506's with my phone twice. That was only because I had forgotten the SkullCandies at work on the last day of work before my 2 days off and had to come back to retrieve them. I normally use the SkullCandies. I use the 7506 with my computer and Xbox One. In terms of comfort? 7506 hands down. The Skullcandies might get uncomfortable after 2 hours of continual wearing). I believe they fixed that in an update.

Some of it off topic? Yes, but very useful if you use headphones. And to avoid hearing loss.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm