Model: -
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: .268
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.3
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi!
Sometimes, some files in internal memory, are visible through the Android app but are not visible from the PC connected via USB. I can see them on my PC, only if before I move them into another folder via the phone's file manager.
It does not seem to be a file's permissions problem.

Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Last edited by keshav_c17 on 2016/2/25 07:39

1) Disconnect your device from PC. Go to settings>>apps>>all>>clear data of the "Media Storage" app. Then reboot the device and then connect your device again to PC. This time files should be visible.
OR
2) rescan the files via the "SDrescan" app (which can be downloaded from Play Store). This tool invokes the Android media scanner to rescan the SD card for new files.
3) Try installing the drivers again on your PC from here : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS ... indows_20150212.zip

4) An alternative you can try is Use wireless file transfer using "PC Link" app given in our devices. Other 3rd party app is "AirDroid" which may help you and would be far better then using MTP.

Its seems a MTP issue that causing files not visible to user. Before there used to be "USB Mass Storage" option which was the best option as compared to MTP. Faster and reliable. But its not available nowadays.

Props Helpful 0
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi Giox040,

please confirm that your system version is 2.20.40.168.

and refer to what  keshav_c17 suggested.

let me know if there is any progress. thanks
Props
Giox040 ITA Level 2 | All posts
Thank you for the answer.

FYJ_ASUS, I confirm that the version of the system is 2.20.40.168 but I noticed the same problem too with  previous versions.

At this moment I do not have files that I can not see on the PC but it is reassuring to know that it is an MTP limit and not a problem of my phone.

I was not aware of the existence of "SDrescan" app, so I thank you very much keshav_c17 for the information that he provided.
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
Giox040 posted on 2016/2/25 15:06
Thank you for the answer.

FYJ_ASUS, I confirm that the version of the system is 2.20.40.168 but I n ...

Well if this issue again disturbs you in future then try clearing the data of the "Media Storage" in Settings>>Apps>>All. It works most of the time.
Props
Today I found other files stored in the internal memory of the phone that I could not see from the PC connect via usb.

I then followed the procedure suggested above by keshav_c17, I thank you again, and I could verify that after clear data of the "Media Storage" app  and  reboot the device, files are now visible.

The next time I'll, I'll try  rescan the files via the "SDrescan" app.

Thanks again.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Driver8666 on 2016/3/24 05:10

Another option if you are using Windows 10:
Click on View and then make sure there is a checkmark next to "Hidden Files" If I hook my phone up via USB and have this option checked, it will show me the hidden files. (This is unchecked for a reason) Or I can execute a command in my computer to force it to show me hidden files. Normally I don't have to do this. It should show you your phone's memory and your SD Card's memory. If you connected your phone to your PC, via USB, every single file should be visible. Hidden ones require the method above.

This does require the computer to have the proper drivers installed to do this. Phone drivers are a lot different than say hooking up a printer via USB. This is the method I use.
Props
Thanks Driver 8666 but this is not a problem of hidden files, but a problem of MTP
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Giox040 posted on 2016/3/24 07:58
Thanks Driver 8666 but this is not a problem of hidden files, but a problem of MTP

MTP huh? Next time I transfer a batch of music files, I might check that out. But in this respect for now I don't have that issue. Then again I'm using a 128GB card in my phone.
Props
ISR Level 1 | All posts
I have another solution that worked well for me, simple and not require installation off more apps.
1. Open the folder in the folder in the phone's file manager.
2. Select all files or all file I would like to transfer.
3. Copy or Cut the files (whatever more appropriate for you).
4. Paste the files in another empty folder
5. Connect the phone to the PC and browse to that folder

Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm