RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_V2.25.40.36
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.5Ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Pixelmaster & ZenUI launcher
Screenshot: -
Last edited by digicool on 2016/2/16 19:27

ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)

I updated it to latest system update & also updated all the apps from playstore.

I am facing 2 problems which I need to be fixed.

1. January update of zenUI launcher hangs my phone & all 3 hardware keys at bottom stop responding
the screen goes blank & I cant do anything I have to force reboot the phone.

see the image
Screenshot_2016-02-14-21-46-48.jpg

To solve this I uninstalled zenUi update & now running on stock version then it works all fine
so its something to do with latest update which is causing this problem,
I have tried 2 different updates both creating the same problem.

I have wiped cache many times & done factory reset once but the moment I update all apps the same problem begin.

2. Pixelmaster camera app while doing a lot of photography suddenly hangs
& reports that some other app is using the camera or the camera failed to launch.

see this image

Screenshot_2016-02-07-13-42-46.jpg

Screenshot_2016-02-07-12-59-59.jpg

Once I was shooting in the outdoor so no data connection was there at that time the system reported that it has found a bug & wanted that to be reported but I could not do so as no connection was available, does the system save that bug somewhere in files?
if yes can you tell me the path to that file I can send that to you. (assuming its saved somewhere on phone)

These errors are happening 4-5 times a day  when I am shooting & I have been missing crucial shots since I had to wait 2 mins to reboot the phone.

I cant uninstall the pixelmaster app as the latest version gives additional camera features which I need.

I had left the comments on pixelmaster & zenUI launcher app on playstore few days back but havent got any reply since then.
Hope both these problems can be sorted out soon.

Dr. Zen (India)
Ranjan Sharma
Props
digicool IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Moderator kindly move this to correct section
I posted in zenfone 2 forum since Zoom does not have its dedicated forum as yet.
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
You are the first who reported this issue. Thank you for reporting.. We will find the ways to solve this soon..
Props
It is lagging while taking photos in the night .
Props
mail2ronit posted on 2016/2/16 19:29
It is lagging while taking photos in the night .

That is a known problem of zenfone series.
Props
The camera hanging issue will be fixed in next FOTA update as per information received from PixelMaster team.
Props
Toonster posted on 2016/2/16 21:26
The camera hanging issue will be fixed in next FOTA update as per information received from PixelMas ...

I hope they give FOTA within next 20 days as I am planning to do a big shoot to test the power of zoom & I would fail miserably if I shoot with this bug.
Props
digicool posted on 2016/2/16 19:34
That is a known problem of zenfone series.

Also, the Depth Of Field mode is having a serious bug & failing to shoot sometimes .
Props
mail2ronit posted on 2016/2/17 09:42
Also, the Depth Of Field mode is having a serious bug & failing to shoot sometimes .

HI Ronit,
could you be specific what problem with DOF mode, does it give some error message or fail to save the image?
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Digicool,

Go to settings => Apps => select the ZenUI launcher and Camera app=>
Force Stop the app => Select Clear Cache and data => uninstall updates=>Restart phone=>reinstall the app.

If you have applied any third party launcher or any camera application, we would suggest you to uninstall those apps and try again.

If the ZenUi launcher and Camera app are updated kindly reboot your device to safe mode to check if there are any other apps incompatibility issue .

We suggest you to reboot to recovery and perform a factory reset on your device.

Here is the link to factory reset your device:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006346
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm