Release Note
ZenTalk

[More Information Needed] [Signal/ Connection] Network issues, not working 2/3/4g

2244 9
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Rodriobr ATG Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW-ASUS-Z00A-2.20.40.160
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.3Ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Network
Screenshot: -
Hello there!
I bought about 1 month ago The asus zenfone 2 ze551ml in a Taiwan shop (with their respective TW bands) to Argentina, checking before the network bands are functional here (LTE BAND 4-1700/2100). The device works normally without problems, upgraded to "WW-ASUS-Z00A-2.20.40.160".
The cellphone do not operate on 2,3,4g networks, at first it was with a cut sim card, but then Use a MicroSim and is the same problem. It varies between all networks but never work as it should. Rarely works only to messages or phonecalls, but then the signal goes off.
What if note is the fact that the version has a 'WW' (World Wide) instead of "TW" (Taiwan)
I'm not sure this will affect the operation of the cellphone, but I think to have different firmware, the networks fails to configured correctly and then this problems goes on...
I wait a possitve answer
Cheers
Props
Hello Rodriobr
ZenFones sold in Taiwan also uses WW SKU, don't worry about that.
I'm not sure why the update caused the abnormal behavior

Please help me run the SMMI test to verify if the SIM hardware can function normally. For instructions please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... &highlight=SMMI

After the hardware has been verified that it's working normally, please run the phone in safe mode and check if services are back
In safe mode, only the factory pre-installed applications will be loaded.
For instructions, please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... ghlight=safe%2Bmode

If the above actions doesn't work, please try a factory data reset.
Remember to back up your files before doing so. For instructions, please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... highlight=reset

Please feel free to reply if you have any progress, thank you.
Props
MYS Beta Tester | All posts
my suggestion,try to check ur recovery firmware from recovery mode,is it the same sku ww n same revision 2.20.40.160. if the same,then proceed as bill suggested. if it is different,u need to match the recovery sku with current firmware or vice versa.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
My zenfone2 can't connect mobile data continuous it's disconnect again and again even in full network coverage. I changed the sim but problem not solved.
Please see the attachment pictures and solve the problem.
Screenshot_2016-01-07-09-48-55.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-07-09-48-24.jpg
Props
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/1/8 02:54
Hello Rodriobr
ZenFones sold in Taiwan also uses WW SKU, don't worry about that.
I'm not sure why th ...

Thanks! i will try some options (factory reset was done before and there is no change at all)
Props
afizh79 posted on 2016/1/8 10:16
my suggestion,try to check ur recovery firmware from recovery mode,is it the same sku ww n same revi ...

This was what i think, but i must look some serious configurations to done that and i dont like that much haha! anyways, if nothing else works, i will do this, thanks!
Props
I have this problem in Iran
in MCI operation cellphone use 2600 MHz for lte and tw don't support this
how i can use lte?
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Moosa Aliakbari posted on 2016/1/10 22:01
I have this problem in Iran
in MCI operation cellphone use 2600 MHz for lte and tw don't support thi ...

If it doesn't support it, then you're out of luck. When buying a phone, be careful about what bands the phone and operator are each using.
Props
can i change rom ? for 2600 MHz support?
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Moosa Aliakbari posted on 2016/1/10 22:43
can i change rom ? for 2600 MHz support?

Unfortunately no, because this is hardware bound by the antenna inside the phone and not software I'm afraid.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm