Release Note
ZenTalk

[More Information Needed] [System] Phone keep shutdown in Zenfone 2 Laser after update WW_1.16.40.763_20151201

4689 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
mhifzan MYS Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_1.16.40.763_20151201
Frequency of Occurrence: every 10 minutes
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
My phone keep shutting down after update WW_1.16.40.763_20151201. i just buy it 2 month ago so it wont be battery problem. since before update to a new update, i never counter this problem before. it happen frequeny like every 1 minutes, im tired to keep turn in it back, some time, it shutdown
Props
TWN Level 4 | All posts
Only had this issue occur once on my device. You could try wiping the cache partition (does not erase data) and see if it is of any help. Follow my steps below if you do not know how to.

1) Turn off your ZenFone 2 Laser
2) Depress on both the volume down and power button until a screen with red text at the top appears before letting go of the buttons
3) Using the volume buttons to navigate through the menu, and power button to select, navigate to wipe cache partition and select it
4) Upon completion (menu will pop up again when completed), press the power button once

Do report back the results. Sorry for the lengthy steps.
Props
have try what u suggest still same, i keep turn off suddenly on it on. 1 thing i notice is the battery % keep changing each time i turn in on back, like before sudden turn off it 56% then change to 17% then 25% after 4 time it 5% battery left.
Props
TWN Level 4 | All posts
Try doing the steps below, and see if it helps out.

1) Turn off your phone and remove the battery
2) Hold the power button for 15 seconds
3) Place the battery back into the phone (do not turn on)
4) Plug your device into the charger and leave it for 8 hours or more
5) Turn the phone on

Do report back the results.

Props
Greetings mhifzan
Please try what Rizzed14 suggested
Thank you
Props
Last edited by mhifzan on 2015/12/29 17:34

yes, already try yesterday, just waiting the result to confirm it.
look like it work like a charm. my phone work normally today, no more sudden turn off.
i think it fine now. thank you very much Rizzed14

just 1 more question, did new update drain/use more power ?
since look like my battery discharge more quickly then before
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
This problem surely means for some hardware problem. I had encountered this problem with my device 2 times and with some other devices like micromax and samsung. And atlast the device may go to a dead state. Refer to Service Centre to ensure the cause of this problem.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm