Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Replied] [System] How to share pc internet to mobile?

3793 11
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Adityashaw IND Level 5 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.2
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: System
Screenshot: -
I hv broadband connection in pc and want to use it in mobile.(don't hv router or bluetooth in pc).
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Last edited by BLUEDRAGON_UD on 2015/12/14 14:36

Hey. I hope your PC has a WiFi and NIC(Network Interface Card). Then search on Google "how to make a pc as router" and if you fulfill the conditions, you can go ahead and try. There are a lot of software's available on internet which will serve the purpose. You'll also find step by step guide. This way you can access the PC internet on your phone via WiFi. But that's not very convinient, you need to turn on your pc/lappy everytime to access the net. Time to go for a router. I would suggest to buy a cost effective 150 MBPS Router from Net Gear. Would cost you 700-900.  Hope it helps. Bye
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Aditya,

There is no way to use your PC internet connection on your device.

It is better to buy a dedicated WIFI router for connection.
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Buy a wifi Router .....it cost aroung 600+.....and then you set a wifi password. .....that's all.....
Props
Adityashaw IND Level 5 | All posts
I saw on YouTube that Kitkat supports it .They have shown complete steps but those options are not there in Lollipop.
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
My HTC supported it too..
Its called Internet Tethering.. I havent tried if its possible in Asus or not!
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
AnuVamo posted on 2015/12/14 18:13
My HTC supported it too..
Its called Internet Tethering.. I havent tried if its possible in Asus or ...

Internet Tethering is sharing your mobile's data on other devices like computer,phones,tabs via WiFi by creating a hotspot. You cannot share internet via computer to phone that way. Asus has also got that feature. If you toggle down the notification bar, you'll see bottom left has an option of creating a hotspot.
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
No dn i 4got the name maybe.. it was not internet tethering then..
wait let me search and post.. i used it in HTC myself for over a year bro so i know.. but m nt gud remmbrng d names..
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
http://www.htc.com/hk-en/support ... c/howto/366919.html

here.. it was internet pass through.. i just used to plug in the USB and then select the option.. dk if its possible in ASUS.. but this feature came in handy when i didnt have the wifi router
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... hread&tid=11599

Even though this post is for zenfone 5 but this applies to all ASUS device i guess..
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm