ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 5.1. 89985675
Frequency of Occurrence: No idea
Rooted: No
APP Name: Gmail
Screenshot: -
Gmail app keeps closing on location occasion when reading and email.
Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
Please be more specific.
Do you get any error message?
What happened or what did you do before it happened the first time?
The more information you provide the easier it's to help.
Props
IcarusZen USA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by IcarusZen on 2015/4/11 20:37

No error message.
It just closes. Much like the instagram issue people are experiencing.
I open Gmail.
Open and email and then like 2-3 seconds later it just closes. This happens sporadically.

So far, I am not impressed with the Zenfone 2 nor would I recommend it. I mean, this is THE Gmail app, it's a integral part of Android.

I went into the Play store and looked at the reviews for users with "this device" (zenfone 2) and apparently others are having the same issue.

No error message, nothing. Just closes occasionally.

Props
Here is a picture of other users on the play store reviewing the gmail app with their Zenfone 2.
This is a HUGE problem and makes the phone worthless if not fixed.
Gmail - Android Apps on Google Play.clipular.png
Props
MYS Beta Tester | All posts
while waiting for official solution,why not u use asus email to.open ur gmail. for instangram,asus already come outwith temporary solution,uninstall webviewer update. use default webviewer. if u install gmail update through playstore,maybe u can try to uninstall update.
Props
Hi AzFish79,

Thank you for the suggestions. Webviewer is used by other apps so uninstalling it is not an option (a good option that is). I think I found another instagram client, Phonegram or something.

RE: Gmail App
I really don't like the idea of using the stock email app. That's so, two-steps back. The Gmail app was made for Gmail. Using anything else is really silly.

I do appreciate the suggestions.
I can't believe they would release a phone without testing the core Google Apps like Gmail.  
Props
MYS Beta Tester | All posts
i think what they suggest is uninstall update of google webview,not uninstall the whole program. it means still can use webview,but not the latest update. since i use gmail and yahoo mail,so asus email apps is convinience for me cuz i can view both mails in one view. prev,i use gmail apps. but when i make a switch to asus email,i dont feel any diff coz it just the same one tap to open my gmail account. now i can open gmail n yahoo mail in one tap. but thats for me though. i even disable gmail cuz its running on background when idle,even with data off. but really sorry it doesnt work for u.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I have the same problem as well.

I have 2 gmail accounts and swap off to read emails from both account. Both accounts are added under the settings > accounts.

It just randomly closes: the second account closes, but the first account have no problem.
Props
smei19021 posted on 2015/4/13 06:03
I have the same problem as well.

I have 2 gmail accounts and swap off to read emails from both acco ...

HI, please try this FAQ for short turn solution.
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... &extra=page%3D1
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm