12Next

[Other] Battery Management Tips for your Zenfone

21544 18
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Zen_Lianne IND Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Zen_Lianne on 2015/12/4 17:55

PicMonkey Collage.jpg

This article will simply and clearly list how to take care of your Zenfone battery and we hope that these simple instructions will help you in the long run!

bett.jpg Should I charge the battery only when it is dead? Is it ok to have the charger connected even when there’s a lot of power remaining?

This is one of the most frequently asked questions: Is it ok to keep the charger connected to the phone and let the battery remain at 100% before I go to bed? Or should I charge it when the battery power is depleted?

Do not let the battery run out of power! Do not be afraid of an overcharge; only be afraid of not charging your phone!
Many people think that it is not good to have the charger connected all the time, but the fact is that the lithium battery that mobile phone uses is not afraid of charging at all; on the contrary, it is bad for it to run out of power. If you always let the battery remain at a low power status, the battery life will be affected. Therefore, keep in mind, the below listed image:

jk.PNG

This is Good         This is not Good

bett.jpg New batteries must be fully charged for 12 hours before use

This is also one of the most frequently asked questions; even some of the mobile communication stores will teach you this. But is it necessary?

No! This is not necessary! However doing so will not harm the battery either. Simply put: it makes no difference! It makes no difference whether the battery is fully charged for 12 hours before use; it’s ok if you want to do so, and it doesn’t matter if you don’t. This rumor started due to the NiMH and Nickel-cadmium battery usage habits in the past; only these two types of batteries must be fully charged for 12 hours before use. There are no differences with the lithium batteries used nowadays.

bett.jpg Why do some people say do not overcharge mobile phones?
As previously mentioned, lithium batteries are not afraid of overcharging; only not charging.Therefore you will rather want to overcharge it than have the battery at a low power status. But why are there many articles on the Internet that say, "Do not have the charger connected all the time?" What’s the reason behind this?

The answer is quite simple; although lithium batteries are not afraid of charging, it is afraid of “Heat”. Under many usage scenarios, having the charger connected all the time does indeed cause the battery to heat up (especially when you are playing games while charging); this causes damage to battery life. “Constantly charging” is not what causes damage to the battery, the “Heat” generated from constantly charging is what causes the damage. If you simply charge it while you sleep, then there would be no problem; what you should avoid is heavy usage of the phone while charging, that’s why you should try to avoid such habits. Other things that should be avoided include placing your mobile phone on the dashboard of the car, exposing it to direct sunlight, or placing it in high temperature environments.

nj.jpg

bett.jpg So what’s the right way to use the battery?

Depleting battery life and overheating while charging, do those give you headaches? Joey has some recommendations to offer:

Truth is, mobile phone batteries are not as weak as people imagine, from personal experience and experiences of people around me, most people change their mobile phone once every 2~3 years, right? The battery life of lithium battery is approximately three to five years, therefore I think you should not be too alarmed. Charge when needed and don’t get nervous and start to look for fans or turn on the air conditioner when the battery heats up a little. Just use it “Normally” and let the battery remain under “Normal Circumstances”; then the battery consumption will not be as fast as your phone-changing frequency. Mobile phones are purchased to use, so there’s no need to get all nervous about it; ok?

Found this useful? Tell us if this post helps you and what you like most about it!

Article Source: Joey (ZenTalk, Taiwan)