5751 1
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Shoggy DEU Level 1 | All posts
Bug Report
Description: ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA)
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 4.3.2.0
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.3 GHz (default)
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: AudioWizard
Screenshot:
At first I want to mention that the test condition for my description is a fresh factory reset with no changes to system settings or installation of additional apps.

Now to the problem: there is a wrong behavior of the system app "AudioWizard". Its settings only have an effect on the upper speaker (the one next to the camera) while the lower speaker plays the sound all the time like the AudioWizard is not working at all.

Let me provide three examples that I recommend to test yourself.

Open the AudioWizard, go to the advanced effect settings, then the tab EQ and set the frequency bands as seen in the attached screenshot.

EQ setting 1:
It is expected that both speakers will sound very shrill but only the upper speaker is affected while the lower speaker plays the sound like no changes have been made.

EQ setting 2:
It is expected that both speakers will be at a lower volume or silent, but only the upper speaker is turned off while once again the lower speaker plays the sound like no changes have been made. Even more curiosity: with these settings the sound from the left audio channel (upper speaker) will be played on the right channel (lower speaker). This can be tested by using an audio test file that only plays the left or right channel.

EQ setting 3:
This setting confirms my assumption that that the EQ setting has no effect at all on the lower speaker. In this setting only the bass can be heard on the upper speaker while the lower speaker still plays the sound in a normal way.

So, whatever I set in the EQ, it has no effect on the lower speaker. As shown in EQ setting 2 it also seems that the left channel is forwarded to the right channel when the EQ is set to negative values which make no sense at all.

I am absolutely sure that the AudiWizard is bugged and has not been optimized for the ZenPad S 8.0 which is quite disappointing since it a flagship device.

Once again I want to bring out that this problem is reproducible with a fresh factory reset. It is also impossible that my device is faulty because when I disable the AudioWizard the upper and lower speaker sound the same and also have the same power at all volume settings. Furthermore the mentioned left/right thing also works correct when the AudioWizard is disabled.
Props
IDN Level 5 | All posts
Yeap , im 100% sure that was the software bug , but maybe u could try to use the other equalizer app ..
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm