Release Note
ZenTalk

123Next

[Replied] Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Screen Gets Cracked In the first fall frm Height of 2ft.

21720 20
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Amitkr11 IND Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: Updated to Latest Available Firmware
Frequency of Occurrence: !!
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Zenfone Laser screen gets cracked frm a normal 2 ft fall on a flat surface while it was on rubber back cover case!

And on the top of that when i went to Asus Service Center(Bangalore) to get my screen fixed they asked for Rs. 5500 INR for Display....its more than half of the price of the Cell Itself.

Is it really a corning gorilla glass 4 display?? why its priced so high..Is there any chance of price drop in Display Parts in coming months??

this is really dissapointing. Pls tell what should i do??

Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Amit,

Corning gorilla glass 4 is scratch proof and not break proof.

It will be best suggested to take care of your device.
Props
Amitkr11 IND Level 1 | All posts
MAX_ASUS posted on 2015/10/13 09:27
Hi Amit,

Corning gorilla glass 4 is scratch proof and not break proof.

thanks for replyin   ........well i thought its both scrach proof & 2x breakproof.

Quest:
Why its display is priced so high Rs. 6k INR. while the cell price is 10k INR**??
Is there any chance of price drop in coming months??
thanx again!
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Amit,

The display which you are using is a HD 1280x720,IPS and Corning Gorilla Glass 4.

That is the main reason for display to be expensive.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Amitkr11 posted on 2015/10/13 22:26
thanks for replyin    ........well i thought its both scrach proof & 2x breakproof.

I have same issue like you have but with different phones, if you compare phone cost and repairing cost, then it s good to replace phone, as i did in past but i think it s not good policy adopted by every mobile manufacturer.
With this tactics they loss their customer, price drops is not easy.

I would suggest replace your screen in local market outside asus service center,it will cost half in comparison.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
display n touch is available at the cheapest price its only 2000 rs only on ebay.com
Props
IND Dr.Zen | All posts
my phone dropped from 6 ft but nothing happen !!! I was lucky
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
How it can get cracked!!!!!

You say that your phone has rubber cover protection.

Even i use same and cover edges at front side will not allow to touch screen to touch floor.

Asus should replace all this model glass display freely as it seems to be manufacturing defect.

Thanks,

Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
The screen is of very poor quality, it breaks even without falling , as in my case and without touching any sharp object.
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
Gorilla Glass 3 is extremely stronger and far better than Gorilla Glass 4.....
Props
123Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm