Release Note
ZenTalk

1234Next

[Read] [System] HOW TO FIX BOOTLOOP AFTER UPDATE / FLASH YOUR DEVICE WITH PRE-ROOTED FIRMWARE.

114860 36
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Tama bang system.img fnlash mo?
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
Hello Everyone,
Where can I download pre-rooted system.img and recovery for Z00A_WW_2.20.40.97 instead of Z00A_JP_2.20.40.97?

Here is what happened:
1. I have completed an OTA update to UL-Z00A-WW-2.20.40.139-user when prompted by the ASUS updates. But I forgot to unroot.
2. Zenfone 2 went into bootloop after completing "installing system updates".
3. Followed the above-mentioned steps and flash using pre-rooted Z00A_JP_2.20.40.97. But realised that JP meant for Japan.
4. Unable to perform an update via OTA or stock recovery using UL-Z00A-WW-2.20.40.139-user. "Install System Updates" gone into 50% and give "error" message.
5. Followed the above-mentioned steps and flash using pre-rooted Z00A_WW_2.20.40.90
6. Still unable to perform an update via OTA or stock recovery using UL-Z00A-WW-2.20.40.97-user. "Install System Updates" gone into 50% and give "error" message.
7. Followed the above-mentioned steps and flash using pre-rooted Z00A_WW_2.20.40.139. But worried that can no longer OTA updates in future.

Seek for advises from any kind soul out there. What could have caused the problem and how can I resolve it?

Any help will be much appreciated. Tky.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
stop in writing system ...
Please, help
Props
Jameson posted on 2015/12/18 08:22
Hello Everyone,
Where can I download pre-rooted system.img and recovery for Z00A_WW_2.20.40.97 inste ...

Just flash stock firmware, download the firmware then rename it to MFOD_SDUPDATE.zip copy it on your sdcard, then boot to recovery
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I don't know how to thank you enough. I tried maybe 7 methods after rooting and then updating the super super su. I followed some dodgy indians method which ended up putting it into bootloop. I spent a day flashing so so many  softwares. I even tried yours then gave up on it until I realised I was flashing the wrong software. Thanks a lot bro. Keep posting articles like this because I was about to rage and break everything in  sight. Thanks again
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
m.moodley10 posted on 2016/2/7 23:19
I don't know how to thank you enough. I tried maybe 7 methods after rooting and then updating the su ...

Here's a lesson people. While this user was able to escape bootloader hell, what works for one person won't work for another.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Hello aboutmarkanthony. Ur post was most helpful. I had a new Asus Zenfone 2 ze 551ml purchased just a few days back which was in an endless bootloop after a OTA system update. I had tried all means but had not worked. My phone was not even rooted. Even the asus customer care didnot know what to do. Now the phone has satarted theanks to ur excellent post.
But there is still one problem - when i went to supersu application and clicked on full unroot as suggested by u , it is just stuck in another endless cycles of uninstalling the application. Plz help regarding this. Kindly reply at - herekarbasavaraj@rediffmail.com
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Hi I was able to flash as mentioned in the steps successfully but still my system is going for boot loop and  wifi & bluetooth are just showing turning on but never getting turned on, please help on this if possible...
Props
@eiancaparas : hard bricked na unit mo sir, bka mali ang na flash mo na system.img files?
Props
ARG Level 1 | All posts
Hello, a query. To do this you have to have no root ?. Because my phone has root. It can be done? thanks!
Props
1234Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm