ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: -
Firmware/APP Version: -
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: -
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I was curious about how many of Asus Zenfone 5z users have gotten Android 10 update though OTA update cause wherever I searched all I saw was that anybody who has Android 10 installed on Zenfone 5z got it from zip file and no one from OTA, we already on fouth day after OTA launch and my phone has not received it yet, previous year I got Android 9 within the same day after the launch so my question is has anyone got their update through OTA or all of you who are using it updated it with zip file provided by Asus? please comment below.
Props
ROM Level 2 | All posts
Hello,

I used the zip file and I had no problems, I downloaded it and placed it in the Internal Storage, the phone recognized it after unplugging it from the PC.
I first tried the OTA, but there was no update. Nothing new though, since I usually receive all of my OTAs like 1 week after the release notes.

But no issues so far with the zip file so you could try with that one if you don't want to wait any longer.

Kind regards.
Props
yogeshxtreme IND Level 2 | All posts
lucidobrescu posted on 2019/12/1 22:16
Hello,

I used the zip file and I had no problems, I downloaded it and placed it in the Internal Sto ...

Thanks for the reply, I was also considering to download update through zip and your reply has really helped me removed my doubt. really Appreciated.
Props
POL Level 1 | All posts
Update from zip file, everything works fine except battery life. After first charge I got less than 4h SOT. Now I am after second charging. Will see how SOT achieve.
Props
Last edited by yogeshxtreme on 2019/12/2 04:05
bovi posted on 2019/12/2 02:36
Update from zip file, everything works fine except battery life. After first charge I got less than  ...

4 hours of SOT is quite insane I hope your issue get fixed soon, as for me currently I am getting 7-8 hours of screen on time and getting half of original battery life would be quite problematic for me,thanks for informing.i would suggest you to stop using auto brightness and auto color temperature mode cause these two used to take lot of my phone battery and I am also using adaptive battery feature mode hope these help you .
Props
Can anyone share the download link for Android 10 zip file 
Props
kranthi.kiran021 posted on 2019/12/6 04:38

Dude I just got it though FOTA you should also wait for one to two days you will got it too
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
kranthi.kiran021 posted on 2019/12/6 05:08

You can download the Android 10 manual update firmware from below the link.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/AS ... 0.04.44.98-user.zip
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Level 2
Posts60 ZenCredit7 Points53 best answer0

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm