Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Network/Wifi/Bluetooth] Zenbook Pro Duo Network adaptor is malfunctioning.

869 17
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
mrpahuja ARE Level 1 | All posts
I would like to share further experience. I have tried my best to convince Asus that this is a faulty unit but they didn't budge at all. After all, I went and collected my laptop. Asus Service center claimed that they fixed all the issues. But guess what... Now I am using this machine and the main display keeps flickering. I had specifically raised this issue as well but they did not fix it.

As usual, I have to go through the pain of taking this to service center and again wait for weeks and hope to have this fixed. This is the worst quality product, customer service and experience. Hence I again urge the people reading this post NOT to waste their money on Zenbook Pro duo.
Props
ESP Level 1 | All posts
mrpahuja posted on 2019/11/17 20:14
I would like to share further experience. I have tried my best to convince Asus that this is a fault ...

Flickering is due Intel graphics power save. You have go to intel graphics settings and disable automatic screen refresh
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I have the same issue with the network card. After 5 days suddenly it stopped working, no matter what I did it did correct the issue, sure its a problem with the intel AX200 card
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Hi there, I just got my Zenbook Duo today and got the same issue. What I ended up having to do is installer the driver from another computer and move it over to the Zenbook via an external drive. I installed the driver like normal and it instantly fixed the internet and now its good to go. A bit of a pain but I fixed it in a matter of about 2 minutes. Hope this helps.
Props
TWN Level 1 | All posts
I have the same issue & am very disappointed with ASUS.

First laptop I reset the ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo and the wifi 6 ax200 driver would work. After about the 2nd time having to do a reset, I reached out to ASUS support and they told me I'd have to send my laptop in for repairs! I said that was ridiculous as it's a brand new laptop & I only had it for a couple of days! So I returned it to the re-seller.

I bought a second brand new ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo, set it all up, created 3 restore points, and then suddenly after 1 day the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz driver stopped working. I went to Intel's website & updated the driver (there is a new one as of 12/31/2019) but it did not fix the issue. I uploaded my restore points, tried all 3, and the wifi driver still does not work. If I do a reset, it works. I've tried with not installing Microsoft Windows Updates & with, and after 1 - 2 days the wifi adaptor stops working with the error "The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I've looked at the Events and all the error says is the following:
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2723&SUBSYS_00848086&REV_1A\4&24495b9c&0&00E8 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem165.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Netwtw08
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC0000001

I really don't want to have to reset my laptop to factory every 2 days just to get the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz driver working again! I do not believe it's a hardware issue, as resetting the laptop resolves the issue. However, updating the driver (once the adaptor fails) does not work for me. I do not believe my software is an issue, as it will work fine for about a day (with Windows Updates or without).

There's got to be another solution. This is very frustrating to have this happen on a very expensive laptop!

Today I decided to return the Zenbook Pro Duo back to the re-seller and look for another laptop. As one post mentioned, don't waste your money on this laptop until this issue has been resolved properly by ASUS.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Just to chime in, I had similar issues. The laptop worked great for about two weeks and then these issues happened, all at the same time:

Wifi disappeared
Bluetooth disappeared
Intermittent issues with keyboard function keys (only the ones in the middle)

I work for a software company and am pretty comfortable around computers and troubleshooting issues. I tried installing/updating drivers, etc. The keyboard seemed to resolve itself, but the wifi/bt didn't. It's as if the hardware didn't exist. When trying to install the wifi driver, I got the message it didn't exist as an installed service.

I tried a factory reset and when I got to the "connect to network" in Windows 10 it didn't show any wifi networks as an option.

In either case, I really liked the idea of the laptop but for the price, I can't justify the hassles of trying to constantly test drivers and doing resets. And I travel quite a bit and need to be assured the laptop will work. I returned it (fortunately the issues happened within 30 days).
Props
FRA Level 1 | All posts
Hi all,

got the same issue with the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 device. It just stop working. I try to delete the device and reinstall it without success. I am using an USB Wifi dongle to connect right now and I have opened a ticket to ASUS tech support.

I hope they have a defnitive fix for that issue because it's a 2000$ notebook and I will be really pissed and blacklist all ASUS hardware in my company (we are looking for a new notebook for 150 of our users) if they don't fix it ASAP.
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
I encountered the same WLAN device failure after less than 12hrs of use.  Luckily I had paid for service at the Microsoft store where I bought it from so I was able to do a full exchange for a new laptop.

They attempted the same troubleshooting techniques as you mentioned and had no success.  However, when they plugged a wired internet cable into an Ethernet to USB adapter that seemed to "kickstart" the wireless device into functioning normally again.

I am very curious to see if I encounter the same problem on a different Zenbook.  A very weird problem on an otherwise solid laptop.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Level 1
Posts6 ZenCredit0 Points11 best answer0

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm