Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [System] Zenfone returned from support, now all asus apps are "incompatible"

315 2
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ffavro42 ITA Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZC520KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: android 9
Frequency of Occurrence: since the phone returned from support
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
I sent my phone, asus zenfone 4 max, to be repaired, the charger wasn't working. it returned today, and when i started it, and RESTORED MY DATA, i instantly noticed that the UI of the home, the lockscreen, the menu you drag down were all very different. very basic. i can't add more pages to the homescreen, i can't remove the google research bar from the top of the screen, and so on. i think it defaulted to the google stock launcher.
Then, i went to the play store, and discovered that all the asus apps, like: asus recorder, asus themes, asus clock, asus gallery, asus keyboard, asus weather, and more were no longer ''compatible with my device'' which doesn't sound right since i
oh, and the multitasking is gone as well. before sending it i could open two apps in half screen.

Props
OTHERS Level 4 | All posts
The phone is updated to android 9, which is "clean" android, without ZenUI and ASUS apps. You can download firmware for downgrade to android 8 from ASUS website, zc520kl support page
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi ffavro42

Please note that this version is "pure" Android system, and will not have ZenUI.
This is the Android 9 (Pie) AOSP Beta version, so the user experience will be different from Android 8 (Oreo). If you are used to and prefer using ZenUI, we recommend that you continue with the Android 8 (Oreo) version.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Level 1
Posts1 ZenCredit0 Points11 best answer0

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm