Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [System] ZenUi interface often crashes

794 19
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
In many ways it's far superior to Asus' own offerings anyway.  I used it and made it work, look, and feel like Google's own launcher.
Props
igbor07 RUS Level 2 | All posts
Hakemon posted on 2019/8/13 01:16
In many ways it's far superior to Asus' own offerings anyway.  I used it and made it work, look, and ...

I'm tired of waiting for an answer from company representatives. I installed now 9 Android (beta) for this phone. Based on AOSP. There are no "necessary" programs from Asus. It is quite possible to use. It’s too early to draw conclusions - not even a day has passed after installation.
Props
Last edited by Hakemon on 2019/8/13 13:11

Since you hopped to AOSP, if people say you are talking in a tunnel, put electrical tape over the secondary mic (top left of the phone).

I found that out to be one of the only bugs, or the ROM failing to open programs after 3 days due to a memory leak.  It's beta so I forgive it, so just a heads up.

EDIT:  Turns out if you do this, speaker phone won't work then.  Completely bodged in the long run I guess.
Props
Hey, now I'm not recommending to root your phone, especially on a beta ROM, but if you have issues with people hearing you on the phone, I made a Magisk module that will fix it, based off another popular module that does the same thing (but on other phones, I modified it for ours).
Props
I do not root my phone. I don't need software, I delete it in another way.
Props
Ok, then for the call quality issue, if you have the aforementioned issue, electrical tape the secondary mic at the top left, but don't use speaker phone, it'll be the only way around it.

Basically Asus messed up and should have these values set in build.prop:
ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=none
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=true
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false
use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=true

Not the values they used instead, since fluence (the noise reduction feature of Android) is overly sensitive like American politics.
Props
Hakemon,
"sensitive like American politics."
Burning bro
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi igbor07

Sorry for our late reply.
Thanks for your feedback
We have already reported this issue back to our tech team
We will get back to you if there is anything coming up.
Thank you
Props
OTHERS Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by allinonebox on 2019/8/26 09:23

Screenshot_20190825-212756.png Screenshot_20190825-204323.png
I confirm this problem. When installing any application, regardless of the source, such a window appears at the end of the installation.

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi all

Good day
A new firmware version WW-15.2016.1909.526 for ZC520KL has been released.
We would advise you to update to the latest firmware. It could modify the problem of ZenUI Launches.
If you have not received the update yet, please check the update in Settings > System > System updates.
If this problem still exists in this version, please let us know.
Thank you and have a nice day
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Level 2
Posts68 ZenCredit0 Points137 best answer0

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm