ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZC520KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: VW_15.2016.1907.519_2019621
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Hello, could you help me out please? My phone has been repaired and set to the factory setting. Since then, I don't get push notifications from Gmail when I receive a new email. I only get a sound notification but there's no information about it (I mean nowhere - not on the lock screen, nor in the dot notification, no blinking light) unless you manually open the Gmail app, which is not really useful. I tried deleting caches, turning off and on the notification, restarting the phone, enabling labels in the Gmail. I've never had this problem, notifications from other apps (Facebook messenger, Viber, Instagram, etc.) work fine. Thanks in advance for any help.
Screenshot_20190729-101022_1.jpg
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
I'm not on the ZenUI ROM anymore and now on AOSP, but if I remember, you have to go into the battery optimizer and turn off optimization for Gmail, as ZenUI basically closes down apps when you aren't in them (including the background process required to actually get the push notifications, which is why on ZenUI I never got Discord notifications but on AOSP I am).

I don't remember how to get there though, I think it's settings, battery, battery optimization, and you tell it to show all apps, find Gmail and disable optimization of Gmail.  (While there disable optimization of contacts and the phone dialer, so you have less issues with it dropping calls to voicemail).
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Selena_ASUS on 2019/8/6 17:20

Hi monikaphuong

Good day
Please check the setting
Setting>App¬ifications>App info>Gmail>Battery>Battery optimization
Power Master> Auro-start manager>Gmail

Please help to confirm, thank you

Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now