Release Note
ZenTalk
12345Next

[Replied] Battery stops charging at 69% and Notification light Glows on Green.

2734 47
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Sanju IND Level 5 | All posts
ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZB630KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest Build number ending with .192
Frequency of Occurrence: Happened THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES within 20 minutes
Rooted: No
APP Name: Battery Charging Error
Screenshot: -
Last edited by Sanju on 2019/3/25 17:59

A serious issue first Spotted by certain user #Punit on the same day when .192 FOTA came in and later on, another user #Tamilanda also reported the same and yesterday in the evening me too faced the same for the first time (since Punit reported it) while my Max Pro M2 was on charging.

I was not using the phone at that time. When I saw the charging light was glowing as green, I turned on my Screen and found that as exactly as what #Punit reported earlier, the charging percentage is showing as 69% and charging is stopped and the notification light changed to Green from Orange.

I replugged in the charger and it started taking charge again and notification light changed back to Orange from Green.

And again after 11 minutes, the Charging got stopped at the 69% and notification light turned on as Green.

I took a few close in pictures using another phone for reference. (see attached pictures)

I replugged in once again (for the 2nd time), and after 8-9 minutes, charging again got stuck at 71% mark and notification light again turned into Green for the 3rd consecutive time.

I took few close in pictures again and marked the points for clear vision at the scenario.

Requesting @bit_asus to take a closer look at my detailed information and these attached pictures and forward the same to concerned dev team. It needs to be addressed with high priority since 3 of us are already facing the same, maybe more users would start facing it in the coming days.

This bug is definitely started causing battery malfunction or the battery log file error only after the .192 FOTA.

** I had to put the phone on charging later by turning the phone off and by that way, it charged upto the 100% mark and it fixed the issue for now. This issue needs to be addressed sooner.

*** Link of Punit's thread on the same issue >> https://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/ ... ge%3D1&mobile=2
Lets Make the World Full of Technologies
Props
Picture 1 (Time around 7:31 pm yesterday evening)..
PicsArt_03-25-02.07.17.jpg
Props
Picture 2 : (After replugging in the charger)..
PicsArt_03-25-02.10.19.jpg
Props
Picture 3 : (After 11 minutes, at around 7:44 pm, charging got stopped once again for the 2nd time)..
PicsArt_03-25-02.14.10.jpg
Props
Picture 4 : (Charging stopped, Notification light is turned on as Green at 69% but Settings > Battery shows up as "Charging")..
PicsArt_03-25-02.17.26.jpg
Props
Picture 5 : (Further 8-9 minutes later, at around 7:52 pm, Charging got stopped once again for the 3rd time at battery percentage level 71%)..
PicsArt_03-25-02.21.14.jpg
Props
Picture 6 & 7 : Images from Battery details..
PicsArt_03-25-02.22.34.jpg
PicsArt_03-25-02.23.27.jpg
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Please moderator comment on this
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
hey bro , im also facing the exact same issue . Charging stopped @ exactly 69% and then glow green .And even I kept for charging while green LED it is exactly @69% even though i kept for 20min @69%. No change in battery percentage.BTW im using 3GB variant.  
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
AGAIN AFTER SO MANY DAYS, TODAY I HAVE FACED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN....HEY ASUS KINDLY FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP....DONE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TOLD ME TO DO..STILL FACING IT...
Props
12345Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm