Release Note
ZenTalk
12Next

[In Process] [Screen/ Touch] defective screen and asus wants me to pay for it, they also damaged my phone ...

2013 16
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
pujolsmichael USA Level 1 | All posts
ROG Bug Report
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: latest?
Frequency of Occurrence: once?
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
---------------------------------------I had to submit this to the BBB------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought my ASUS ROG phone on11/30/2018 along with a backpack and phone package with both the phoneprotector and the glass screen protector directly through Asus for $1037.23 USD.
On February 13th, 2019 I submittedan RMA warranty request as my phone screen was cracked from the INSIDE.  Prior to noticing that crack, I had left myphone on my bed charging for about 20 minutes. When I reached for my phone, Ipressed the power button to verify the time and noticed the screen was crackedfrom the inside. There was NO visible physical damage or impact point outsideof the phone and both the glass protector and the actual outer glass of the phonehad no cracks. I was extremely disappointed to see a crack on my new/ expensivesmartphone.  
Immediately, I called ASUS and submittedthe ticket to send the phone by mail for repair. I took pictures of my phonebefore I packaged it up in order to have a reference of how I sent it. As an ITphone and computer repair technician myself, I have experience in managingthese issues and take great care to protect any device ever mailed. The phonewas gently positioned between two thick shipping foams (taped shut so the phonecould not move) inside of the box.
On February 14th, I dropped thepackage with my phone off at FedEx for ground delivery.  It took 7 days for Asus to receive the phone.I do not understand how a large corporation expects to only grant the slowestpossible shipping for an item that is so critical to our daily functions.  However, on February 21st, Asus received thephone and immediately proceeded to bill me $423.75 (50% of the phone price) tofix the screen and the back panel due to physical damage.
I am EXTREMELY SHOCKED that thescreen cracked from the inside and that I am being HELD LIABLE FOR ANADDITIONAL ISSUE I DID NOT CAUSE such as the report of a crack on the backpanel that was NON-EXISTENT when I mailed the package. I continued on to disputethe charges that same day with a supervisor and was told that the phone was notcovered due to physical damage and they sent me pictures as proof. THESE INCONCLUSIVEIMAGES show the exterior of the phone on the front and back.  THEY DO NOT REFLECT THE WORK THAT WASSUBMITTED FOR REPAIR as fixed (which was the inner glass).  My phone is being held hostage until I pay$423.75 for damage that was caused while in the care of the ASUS repairtechnicians. The $423 is to replace all the parts that were listed as damaged(inner screen and back panel) when it should only be for the inner screen.  I am not responsible to pay anything as thecrack from the inside is a manufacture issue and is usually covered underwarranty.
I have called Asus 8 timesrequesting to speak with a manager and NO ONE CALLS ME to discuss thebill.  Additionally, on the 3rdphone call, A REPRESENTATIVE WHO HELPED me said he “could not even tell wherethe damage "outside" of the phone was on the picture.” He had to geta supervisor to look at the pictures, who also could not substantiate what therepair technician initially quoted. I was told “this is what the technicianstated, and we have to go by it.”
I am extremely upset.  I have shared the photos I have taken whenpackaging the phone for shipment by FedEx and they are not consistent with thebill I have received.  It has been over 7business days that I have requested to speak with a manager, and NO ONE CALLSME. My phone pictures can be validated through metadata.  It is extremely clear that someone at ASUSmade an error and has ascribed that fault to me.
I am being charged for a panel thatwas not damaged in my hands.  From themoment I received my brand-new phone in the mail on 12/5, I immediately placedit inside of the protective case with the screen protector. THIS PHONE HAS NOTBEEN OUTSIDE OF THE CASE anytime outside of when it was shipped for this repaircase.
To make this matter worse, I havespoken with multiple technicians who have offered me first a 30% discount, thenanother who offered me a 15% discount WITHOUT EVER CONNECTING ME TO A MANAGER PERMY REQUEST. How do you offer 30% then lower the discount to 15%???
During my last call on Friday,February 22nd I was told this issue would be escalated to a manager and I wouldbe called within 24-48 hours.  I expecteda call by Tuesday, February 26th AND I AM STILL WAITING for a phoneI dearly need from AN IRRESPONSIBLE AND RECKLESS COMPANY THAT HAS NO CONCERNFOR THEIR CUSTOMER BASE. If this is how ASUS practices good business, I amsurprised you are still drawing a clientele in at all!
It is now Tuesday March 5th.  I have yet to receive a manager’s call AND TORECEIVE MY REPAIRED PHONE free of charge. This issue has put undue stress on me. I have been forced to temporarily borrow a phone from my job.  This loaner phone is due immediately. I havegone three weeks now without my personal phone. I EXPECT A CALL ASAP TO REMEDYTHIS ISSUE from a MANAGER WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE ETHICAL DECISIONS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today March 13th 2019 I have finally received a phone call from a superior manager (Ricardo) and after he "escalated the case further it was established that due to it being a cracked screen I had to pay for it since it was not covered by the manufacturer warranty. I also have to pay for the damage back panel which again I did not damage and I know it had been done in the Asus repair facility. Today while doing some research I finally found a similar thread to what was going on with my case and my phone experienced the same symptoms as the other thread stated.  The pictures I'm submitting will be the three Asus provided as to show the imaginary "impact point". and I will also upload the pictures I took right before I packaged my phone and dropped it off at my local FedEx location an hour or two later.  Im also uploading the RMA list I sent with my phone.  I need someone to help me because what Asus is doing is not ethical. Now im being forced to pay for the repair or they will send my phone back with the crack inner screen and the scratched back panel that THEY damaged.

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-256430-1-1.html

Asus Provided

Asus Provided

Asus Provided

Asus Provided

Asus Provided

Asus Provided

My picture

My picture

My Picture

My Picture

My Picture

My Picture

My Picture

My Picture

20181005030019899_RMA Check List 4.1.pdf

390.42 KB, Downloads: 13

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/3/14 16:22

Hi pujolsmichael,

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience caused.
We have passed this message to the team in charge, and we will notify you once we receive any news.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Props
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/3/14 03:20
Hi pujolsmichael,

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience caused.

Please help because at this point it's my word vs the repair technicians. They sent me photos and I sent them mines which look different. My photos were taken right before I inserted the phone in the packaging foam.  The part that aggravates me the most is that my phone gets damage in the facility they denied it and they want me to pay for it or they will send my phone back as is. At this point I'm thinking, I should have stayed with apple for the 11th year.
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
pujolsmichael posted on 2019/3/14 08:18
Please help because at this point it's my word vs the repair technicians. They sent me photos and  ...

I mean Apple would of done this on purpose.

I mean not damage your phone purposely,
But they would charge you for any issue derived from your repair.

There's a reason Apple gets roasted so often
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
pujolsmichael posted on 2019/3/15 00:18
Please help because at this point it's my word vs the repair technicians. They sent me photos and  ...

Hi pujolsmichael,

Please check your PM for a message I have sent you. Thank you for your help
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
@pujolsmichael

Thank you for letting us know how poorly you've been treated by ASUS.  I'll keep this in mind next time I buy a new phone.  I hope ASUS gives you a working phone at no cost.
Props
GBR Level 1 | All posts
I have this exact same issue where I have had 2 Asus Rog phones crack from the inside and Asus want me to send and they will give me a cost etc. I find this ridiculous and won't be purchasing any Asus products going forward.

I started to use the phone on the Mobile Dock (as no screen working) and then after a few days I get a message Abnormal temperature detected in USB port - the phone was over 120F and Asus are claiming it is nothing to do with them. My kids play with my phone and what if they burnt themselves or worse the phone caught fire? What do they expect 8 and 9 year old to do in this situation?

Really poor service and I will be sending my phone to the insurance company rather than Asus at least I know exactly what I will be paying and the service provided will be 1000 times better than Asus.
Props
Tesla74 posted on 2019/3/17 15:17
@pujolsmichael

Thank you for letting us know how poorly you've been treated by ASUS.  I'll keep thi ...

Im hoping too, because I'm not the only one this has happened to and they dont see it as a "known problem".
Props
nazim401 posted on 2019/3/17 17:30
I have this exact same issue where I have had 2 Asus Rog phones crack from the inside and Asus want  ...

Yeah my phone did reach about 115~120 at one point too, this phone gets hot... i dont know how the vapor chamber is working.
Props
I finally got my phone fixed with no charge from asus.
thank you for all your help.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm