Release Note
ZenTalk
12Next

[Replied] [Signal/ Connection] No network service error (mobile radio off) after updating to pie

6558 12
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZS620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR1.180610.009.WW_USER_90.10.138.175_20190117
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
After successfully updating to android pie (OTA update) the phone has no network service whatsoever. It appears that the phone is somehow unable to power on its mobile radio (says turn off airplane mode everytime you try to place a call). I have tried the following methods:

1. Restart the phone several times
2. Tried switching airplane mode on and off several times.
3. Tried multiple sim cards and ran sim test successfully mutiple times
4. Tried switching on the Mobile Radio Power manually using *#*#4636#*#* but it does nothing
5. Booted in safe mode

This is for sure a software bug as others on this forum are facing the same problem. Here is a link to another discussion thread on this: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/for ... er%3D%26sid%3D1%7C5

If anyone has a solution to this would be extremly grateful. This is a major bug and is not expected from ASUS. Please fix this.

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Dear all,
Please kindly send your device to service center for such issue.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you in advance
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Rohitshome,

We have highlighted this to our developer team.

The team would like to know if performing factory reset helping you.

If it does not work, we will suggest you further troubleshooting steps.

Let us know ASAP.

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-7627-1-1.html

Props
Last edited by rohitshome.1993 on 2019/2/6 15:33

Hi,

Performing a factory reset did not help. I submitted the phone to the service center and they simply disconnected and reconnected the antenna connections to fix the issue and it worked. However the technician was of the opinion that the antenna wasn't loose in the first place. So I assume somehow the reboot process after the update doesn't work like intended and a physical disconnection and re-connection of the hardware fixes the issue.

The opening of the back glass panel has now made my camera blurry and I need to resubmit the phone. Overall this is turning out to be a bad experience. Hope you guys find a fix soon.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Bro - which service centre did you go ? I mean in which city exactly?
Props
suryahmahesh posted on 2019/2/6 16:53
Bro - which service centre did you go ? I mean in which city exactly?

I went to F1 Info Solutions & Services Private Limited in Gurgaon
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Radio is always bad in this phone. I complained so many times. The radio voice in Bangalore comes very distorted. Same channels have proper voice in other phones. 
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Even I have same issue. Did the resolve the issue or not
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Even I'm facing the same issues. It does seem to be a software issue. ASUS guys are you guys coming out with an follow up update soon?
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts

RE: No network service error (mobile radio off) in Zenfone 5Z

After restarting my phone the phone has no network service. It appears that the phone is somehow unable to power on its mobile radio (says turn off airplane mode everytime you try to place a call). I have the latest update in my phone that is 'WW_user_90.11.162.88_20190723' which I got it from service center just a month ago as last month I faced the same issue. I have tried the following methods:

Restart the phone several times
Tried switching airplane mode on and off several times.
Tried multiple sim cards and ran sim test successfully mutiple times
Also done factory reset.

This is 3rd time since I bought my phone, it's really frustrating. Please help in this also fix the same.

Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I'm also facing same problem in Asus Zenfone 5Z, suddenly it has lost radio power and my phone is also on version WW_user_90.11.162.88_20190723. Asus please provide a update ASAP as we are unable to use phone and this is really bad experience
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm