Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 1G
Firmware/APP Version: 01610.1812.58 WW
Frequency of Occurrence: ...
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Last edited by stryder29zero29 on 2019/1/7 04:59

Hello i would like to report some of the bugs i have encountered so far. The bugs reported by others users here with this device doesn't seem to happen on my end, like the disappearing names of wifi and bluetooth, ram usage, keyboard, network signal, the cameras/video, that's all fine.

Bugs:

- The display options, mainly the Splendid Utility app, doesn't work, all functions are not working at all (temperature, hue, saturation).
- There is also this light blue fill in the title bar at the keyboard settings (See screenshots).
- Also please add an option to alter the recent apps and the back button when using the slider home button, i dont use left back button.
- There is a huge padding / space on the wifi notification at the top left compared to the padding as the time at the top right, which is bothering me slightly.
- (Added: 01-07-2018) when you enable auto brightness, the brightness automatically adjusts based on the environment (this is normal), however when you disable it, it will not return to your settings before you enabled the auto-brightness, it will just stick to the current brightness that the auto brightness has set. This does not happen on the Oreo.

I am hoping for a fix sometime soon.

Even with all these bugs im liking this update, these are the new features for thos who havent upgraded yet, the features that i really like:

- the recent apps is new / refreshing
- the navigation bar color when the keyboard is up is now black instead of white
- the volume control is now at the right
- better overall animations
- the updated security patch (Dec 2018)
- the notification on the messenger app is now fixed when using a hide navigation bar
- the manual screen rotation is a great feature (when rotating a screen it does not automatically rotate the app, instead there is a button that will appear at the far right of the navigation bar)
- (Added: 01-07-2018) Slight battery life improvement.

I just also want to inform Asus that i am a victim of the broken Oreo update in Zenfone 4 Selfie, and it is still broken until now (I think this oreo-update disaster happened on the entire Zenfone 4 series). but i already bought ZF5 and the huge update seems to be working fine unlike on ZF4S. Asus seem to have restored my faith here.

(My update came from OTA update and not from the Asus website. Also i will just edit this post whenever i notice something strange with this update.).
Screenshot_20190106-223211.jpg
Screenshot_20190106-222848.jpg
Screenshot_20190106-223935.jpg
Screenshot_20190106-223941.jpg
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I can't change my Bluetooth off to speaker phone during a call...
Props
PRT Level 1 | All posts
I can confirm all bug issues posted here. Same for me also.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/1/7 16:28

Hi stryder29zero29,

Good day.
- The display options, mainly the Splendid Utility app, doesn't work, all functions are not working at all (temperature, hue, saturation).
>>
I've passed this case to our tech team.

- There is also this light blue fill in the title bar at the keyboard settings (See screenshots).
>>
(1.) I don't encounter this problem. Please kindly restore the Asus Launcher to confirm.
( settings > apps & notifications > see app apps> app info>Asus Launcher > storage & memory >manager space > delete app data)
(2.) Do you use the default ZenUI Launcher?

- Also please add an option to alter the recent apps and the back button when using the slider home button, i dont use left back button.
>> Thanks for your suggestion. This is considered as design.
If you would like to suggest this as an improvement to our RD team
please feel free to post your needs in the "Idea for next" section, at the following:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=46
Posts in that section will be highly considered by our team

- There is a huge padding / space on the wifi notification at the top left compared to the padding as the time at the top right, which is bothering me slightly.
>>
Sorry, I got some confusion here.  Could you kindly show me your screen and point out this problem?

- (Added: 01-07-2018) when you enable auto brightness, the brightness automatically adjusts based on the environment (this is normal), however when you disable it, it will not return to your settings before you enabled the auto-brightness, it will just stick to the current brightness that the auto brightness has set. This does not happen on the Oreo.
>>
I've passed this case to our tech team.

Thank you.

Props
Hi  stryder29zero29,

Good day.
I've sent you a message by PM, please kindly check it out.

Thank you.
Props
Hello, thanks for the attention and response. Ill try to give more detailed explanation as well as screenshots/videos and logs as soon as i get some free time. 
Props
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/1/16 10:44
stryder29zero29 posted on 2019/1/8 18:58
Hello, thanks for the attention and response. Ill try to give more detailed explanation as well as s ...

Hi  stryder29zero29,

Good day.
I have sent you a message by PM before, please kindly check your inbox.

- For the auto brightness,
After confirming with our tech team,  this is considered as Android Pie system design.

Thank you.

Props
OTHERS Level 1 | All posts
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/15 10:32
Hi  stryder29zero29,

Good day.

My problem ist, my Zenfone 5 can't hide any longer the navigation bar since the Pie update (also not automatically)!!!
Props
HKG Level 2 | All posts
please enable " screen color optimization"

afterwards, your color gamut, hue , stauration, blue light filter will start working properly
Props
lmt607 posted on 2019/1/16 09:38
please enable " screen color optimization"

afterwards, your color gamut, hue , stauration, blue li ...

Hi  lmt607,

Good day,
Thanks for your information.
We've passed this case to our tech team.

Have a nice day.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm