ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: -
RAM: -
Firmware/APP Version: -
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: -
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
On minimal usage , for apps like WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram the battery drains about 20% for one hour of usage .
Excessive battery drain and doesn't satisfy the 500mah tag .
Please do resolve
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
My phone also behaves in the same way and doesn't justify 5000mah.. just switched on the phone and 2% went off while signup and typing this message
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Missed to mention the model... Max pro M2
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
It seems that Asus has just stamped 5000 Mh battery but really it is the 3000Mh battery.
Props
Same here but all reviews suggest otherway. I think a batch of devices must be faulty I guess. I'm gonna ask for replacement
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Suriya219,

Please update your device on .179 firmware as this is the latest firmware and then monitor the issue.

If you have not received the FOTA, you can manually update.

You can also go to ASUS official website to download newer firmware and instruction manual.
Note:

Please make sure the firmware SKU you download is conformed to what on your phone, eg., WW -> WW, CN -> CN, TW -> TW. Incorrect SKU will lead to update failure.
    You can not change the SKU from one to another, eg., WW -> TW, and also can not downgrade your firmware, eg., V2.20.40.13 -> V2.19.40.18.
    During update process, please charge your phone with AC adaptor or make sure the phone has at least 15% battery life.

Steps for update:
1. Go to ""Need Help?"" page of ASUS official website http://www.asus.com/support to download ZIP file of firmware.
    Note: Double click the ZIP file after downloading is completed. If the content is another intact ZIP file (as shown in red on picture below),
              please upzip the file again.
             If the content is not an intact ZIP file (as shown in yellow), you do not have to do anything.
             Close the ZIP file after check.

2. Connect your phone with PC via micro USB cable, and copy the ZIP file to the root directory of internal storage of phone.

3. Detach micro USB cable from the phone to make the notification for firmware update poped up on status bar.

4. Tap ""System Update File Detected..."" and follow steps to update firmware.
    [img]http://www.asus.com/zentalk/data/attachment/forum/201506/06/220723df22fer00we0m4mj.jpg.thumb.jpg[img]

Note: Steps or photos shown above may have variation by different models.

For some upgraded versions that have great difference, e.g., from Jelly Bean (Android 4.3) to KitKat (Android 4.4),
you may need to upgrade to a ""bridge version"" in advance to proceed.
Please see picture below for example.

Let us know.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Even after the software update the issue still persists
Props
In my case, the Battery Drain issue started only after the recent January Update, Touch interface improved but Battery is draining fast now.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
The phone's battery was AMAZING until the 1st OTA UPDATE came but after it , it's becoming WORSER AND WORSER  like we have to CHARGE ATLEAST TWICE A DAY FOR A REGULAR USE (Not Even GAMING ) . DO SOMETHING REGARDING THIS ASUS . PLZ ..
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Bettary is draining very quickly for last couple of days. It used to show like 2 days left after full charge now it is showing 10 hrs ever after full charge. How to fix this
Screenshot_20190205-083630.png
Props
123Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm