RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: 1
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Last edited by Krish32 on 2018/12/21 19:21

Hi,

I recently purchased ASUS Max Pro M2 (4GB) version from Flipkart & very happy with the purchase.

The only problem which i face is absence of VoLTE signals with my operator i.e. Airtel network.

I spoke to Airtel today and they seem to be claiming that your phone doesn't support VoLTE and please upgrade your phone to a VoLTE compatible device..

Also, I would like to know from Asus, Why does the brand Asus doesn't figure in the list of manufacturers on Airtel's page.

www.airtel.in/volte/.

Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
The phone is VoLTE compatible but Airtel Customer Service is worst, they still didn't roll out VoLTE fully. You can check Geekyranjit tweet where the VoLTE is clearly enabled on Airtel SIM. 
Props
Krish32 IND Level 1 | All posts
Invador posted on 2018/12/21 21:01
The phone is VoLTE compatible but Airtel Customer Service is worst, they still didn't roll out VoLTE ...

Yes, I did check Geekyranjit's tweet.. Jio works extremely well as well on Zenfone. No problems.

I was surprised to find airtel VoLTE working with Moto C Plus (Not Listed on their VoLTE Page)

When i asked Airtel about the same, They gave me a flimsy reason saying, We have a list of numbers who are not VoLTE supported & you are on the list. When asked them what is the solution, they were clueless..

Surprised ! to find out Asus not in the list of manufacturers who support VoLTE
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by Invador on 2018/12/21 23:58
Krish32 posted on 2018/12/21 23:05
Yes, I did check Geekyranjit's tweet.. Jio works extremely well as well on Zenfone. No problems.

Yup Asus is not on the list of Airtel VoLTE but it is working with numbers that are already enabled with VoLTE. For now, only workaround is put your sim in a Airtel VoLTE supported phone and then call service center. I think it's clearly Airtel's fault as they are selectively activating VoLTE meanwhile in Jio any device with VoLTE connectivity supports VoLTE. See the image, it's Max Pro M2 with Airtel VoLTE enabled.
DuO76tRV4AA6zm3.jpeg
Props
Krish32 IND Level 1 | All posts
Invador posted on 2018/12/21 23:26
Yup Asus is not on the list of Airtel VoLTE but it is working with numbers that are already enable ...

Yes, I did the same, Inserted my airtel sim to a device which has VoLTE supported by Airtel.. Removed the sim and insert back to Asus.. Now i can clearly see the VoLTE symbol on my device.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Krish32,

VoLTE is supported on this device with all the sim cards who provide this service.

we are glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

:-)
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm