ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE500CL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_12.16.5.118_20151204
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi, I am having an issue with the display, or the UI, not exactly sure which. My phone restarted on it's own today (a somewhat common occurrence in itself), and ever since then I have difficulty with the UI. The screen freezed after I unlocked the phone, then all icons disappeared, I could only see the background picture. The screen then entered into locked mode again (or just went unresponsive black, again, not sure which). After a while I managed to get into the menu. I checked the display through the .12345+= test, seemed okay. I did a 'restore factory settings', and updated all applications, but the issue remained. I disabled the screenlock in setings, now the phone is more responsive, I got all the icons but I still get a brief freeze when I try to go into the.. (I don't know what's it called) quick menu? That thing when I sweep down from the top of the screen to see notifications and to bring up some quick-access settings. It also freezes when it goes back (either automatically, or when sweeping up). Phone also freezes briefly when I access the display brightness settings. It also quite frequently gives off a short buzz, like it usually does when the ZenUI kicks in after a reboot. It just does it more.
Thank you.

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi Martin733

Good day
Can you help me confirm that phone is up to date? The latest version for ZE500CL is WW-12.16.5.126.

If this problem still persists after updating, I would suggest you bring your phone to a local service center for a check.
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
Props
Martin733 HUN Level 1 | All posts
Hi Selena,

I was able to manually update the firmware to the latest version, unfortunately it did not solve the issues. I will try a local service center.

Thank you for your help.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm