Release Note
ZenTalk

[More Information Needed] [Power/Battery] Zenfone 3 Deluxe in Reset Loop - Battery issue?

1106 1
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
xcution OTHERS Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZS570KL(Deluxe)
RAM: 6GB
Firmware/App Version: 8.0
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
Rooted: No
App Name: -
Screenshot: -
Description: At some point the phone freezes and it resets on its own or keeps resetting before even getting to the PIN screen.
Hello, I have been dealing with an issue for a few weeks now with my Zenfone 3 Deluxe (ZS570KL).

Frequently, if I can make it to the menu, at some point the phone freezes and it resets on its own. This has happened while the phone was on the table doing nothing and running nothing besides the usual background apps, while running a scan (Karspesky if that matters), while updating an app and Zen UI and numerous other situations like scrolling on twitter and even between pages of the phone.
And the most common scenario is after it first resets, it keeps resetting on its own in a loop before it even makes it to the PIN screen. It shows the "android" text, then Asus and 90% of the time it resets again.
The battery consumption seems to be high because, when I managed to turn it on completely, I noticed a case where the battery went down 1 or 2% in a few minutes, which never happened. When the phone is off it seems to charge normally, it is at 100% at this very moment. I already checked and the phone does not feel hot when the issue happens.
I tried a repair assistance near me and they could not affirm with 100% certainty that it is the battery, only because they could not find the battery used on Zenfone 3 Deluxe (ZS570KL) to replace it and see if it goes back to normal. They checked the welds and nothing seemed to be wrong.
I believe that the battery is the problem, which makes me fear to even try to hard reset my phone, the phone resets on its own again and the phone bricks on the process.
This happened a long time after the Android update to 8.0 (in August), it start on November 12-13th, so pretty sure it is not an android update issue.
What can I do? I bought this phone while I was living in Canada, shipped from the US. If I bring the phone to an authorized Asus assistance store here in Brazil, will they have (or a better chance to have) the battery for replacement? Would it be possible to know what is the exact battery model used on ZS570KL so I can search for it and get someone to replace it?

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi xcution

Good day
Could you help me confirm that phone is in warranty of out of warranty?
You mentioned that you try to go to repair assistance, please provide the store's location.
Please provide your serial number of your phone by in box message
Thank you
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm