ZenTalk

12Next

[Recommend App] Know your Hardware configuration using CPU -Z app

4055 10
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
techgeek IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by techgeek on 2015/7/23 12:41

Hello everyone, today we would be seeing how to see the hardware configurations of our phones.
There is an app which lets you do this called as CPU –Z.
1.      We need to first install this app before we can use it, to do that open up Google Play Store and search for CPU –Z and install it.
You can even install it directly by clicking here.

1.0.jpg     1.1.jpg     1.2.jpg     1.3.jpg

2.      Once you open the app you will see below screen,here you have different tabs namely SOC, System, Battery and so on. Each tab will show you detailed information regarding itself.

2.1.jpg

3.      Lets just see one tab at a time, So the first tab SOC will show us all there is to know about your chipset. The no.ofcores, which core is running at what frequency at the moment, The architectureof it, Load on CPU and so on. SOC stands for Software on Chip, it is equivalent to a motherboard on your PC.

3.1.jpg

4.      Now tap on systems tab to see it. Now the below screen tell you more about the things at system level such as The JAVA VM your system is using right now The Dalvik VM as shown below , there is also the latest new VM known as ART which canbe used instead of Dalvik but that’s a topic for another article.

4.1.jpg

5.      Battery Tab. Here you an know the health of the battery, if it shows anything other than good it’s time to replace your battery.

5.1.jpg

6.  Thermal, this tab shows you the current temperature of the components of your phone.

6.1.jpg

7.  Sensor tab, here you get to know about different sensors in your mobile phone and as the evidence below suggests, our Zenfone 2 has a whole lot of sensors woven into it.

7.1.jpg       7.2.jpg

8. Last tab About, lets you read about the app CPU –Z itself and here you can read the Help & FAQ, Set CPU Z settings and such.

8.jpg

9. If we click 3 dots to the extreme right corner of the screen, we get an option to goto settings of CPU –Z app the same way you could from about us tab and change the settings too.

9.1.jpg       9.2.jpg

I hope you guys find this article of some use and atlast your curiosity can rest regarding the hardware in you Zenfone.

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Hello!
CPU-Z gives inaccurate information.
For example see the Java VM version-Dalvik 2.1.0.
But it's actually ART.
So always use AIDA64 app to determine correct information.
I came to know this from moderators.
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/7/23 13:35
Hello!
CPU-Z gives inaccurate information.
For example see the Java VM version-Dalvik 2.1.0.

Hi Debo,

Dint knew about this, can you provide me with some evidence or pots which explain this in detail why this happens and stuff please.
Props
techgeek posted on 2015/7/23 14:20
Hi Debo,

Dint knew about this, can you provide me with some evidence or pots which explain this  ...

For evidence,you can download AIDA64 app and check your Java VM version.
For some information,see this xda thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ... ial-t2990338/page60
CPU-Z not only gives wrong info for ZenFones but also for other phones too.
It is proven in the xda thread.
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/7/23 14:23
For evidence,you can download AIDA64 app and check your Java VM version.
For some information,see  ...

Thanks debo for this info.  really appreciate it.
Props
techgeek posted on 2015/7/23 16:31
Thanks debo for this info.  really appreciate it.

Yeah
I also found that Lollipop wasn't ART in my phone?
But moderators said that CPU-Z was wrong.
That way I came to know about AIDA64.
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/7/23 17:51
Yeah
I also found that Lollipop wasn't ART in my phone?
But moderators said that CPU-Z was wron ...

If I am not wrong some phones allow you to choose which VM you want to use on Lollipop but default is dalvik still u can move to ART if u choose
Props
techgeek posted on 2015/7/24 10:36
If I am not wrong some phones allow you to choose which VM you want to use on Lollipop but default ...

Lollipop cannot run on dalvik as far as I know.
It runs on ART.
Some phones like LG G3(on Kitkat) supported switching back and forth from Dalvik to ART.But in Lollipop,it's only ART.
Props
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/7/24 10:38
Lollipop cannot run on dalvik as far as I know.
It runs on ART.
Some phones like LG G3(on Kitkat)  ...

Yeah I might be wrong it could be KitKat not lollipop thanks for clearing it updebo cheers!!
Props
techgeek posted on 2015/7/24 10:45
Yeah I might be wrong it could be KitKat not lollipop thanks for clearing it updebo cheers!!

No problem brother!
See this wikipedia note:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime
In the last line it is said
In the next major Android release, Android 5.0 "Lollipop", Dalvik was entirely replaced by ART.[8]
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm