RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Camera
Frequency of Occurrence: 4G
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera
Screenshot: -
Last edited by mpskrishnamca on 2018/10/20 11:06

Props
Yes, facing the same issue from yesterday. When I click a photo from my camera, it saves 2 copies of that. Please let me know, how we can fix this ?
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Yes, I'm also facing the same issue from last 2 days. Please fix this ASAP
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hey  Mpskrishnamca,

Kindly update to latest firmware which is .331.

Are you using developer mode in camera.

The developer mode of camera app is not for user's currently.

If yes please clear the data and cache memory of camera app and then check.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Info on the Camera Bugs
1) Images are not getting stored in Memory when shot from Rear Camera with both Beauty and Portrait mode enabled, This is a major issue
2) Photos are applied with beautification even if the beauty mode is turned off, This is also a major issue
3) The clarity of the images taken from Selfie camera was not up to the mark even in the 6GB variant due to the automatic Beautification

I enabled developer mode for the Asus Camera app and tried taking pictures.

The below issue appears to be resolved partially, i will explain why i say it as partial later
1) Images are not getting stored in Memory when shot from Rear Camera with both Beauty and Portrait mode enabled.

But one important issue we need to observe here for the issue 2 and 3,
After enabling the developer mode camera, there are two images appearing inside the gallery for each click.

First image prefixed with DEBUG (Which is the expected image out of the camera without any beautification)
Second image without the prefix, which is automatically applied with beautification which is not expected from the camera when you didnt enable beauty mode

It is clearly evident that Asus tried to improve the Camera with Automatic beautification which is not expected behavior from the Camera when you dont need any beautifications. When developer mode is not enabled, Asus deletes the DEBUG images automatically, Thats why we are not seeing two images.

Coming to the issue 1, which is portrait + beauty mode. You can see only single image which is DEBUG. There is no second/final image for the photos taken in this mode. It clearly tells us that there is some bug present in this mode, Asus tries beautification in portrait mode and it is failing due to the bug.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Badhusha posted on 2018/10/22 12:27
Info on the Camera Bugs
1) Images are not getting stored in Memory when shot from Rear Camera with b ...

This two image is a method by developers to solve the issue that we are unable to see a photo once it's taken. So now it generates to copies. One for local storage and left untouched. One with name debug as prefix which is uploaded to Google photos and then deleted from local storage. Don't think too much about this.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
rockerboyps, take a shot from selfie camera without any beauty effect with camera developer mode enabled and see the difference in the pictures for yourself. The picture with prefix DEBUG will be the one which is expected from the Camera and not the one with automatically applied beauty effect.

Only Noobs will like the pictures from Asus Camera
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Badhusha posted on 2018/10/22 12:27
Info on the Camera Bugs
1) Images are not getting stored in Memory when shot from Rear Camera with b ...

I am facing that  2 and 3 problem badly. How can it be fixed. Is there a solution.
Props
Camera issue
1 photo click kro to 2 photo ban rha h 
This is big problem....
Asus zenfone 
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Disabled developer option in camera..............
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm