Release Note
ZenTalk

[More Information Needed] [Sound] Report on poor sound quality output on earphones

1856 9
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
I think that I might be the first one to notice or no one has ever posted this but either way, here is what I have observed with Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1: THE SOUND QUALITY IS BAD WHEN LISTENING VIA EARPHONES. If you will listen carefully on the audio output quality while playing music through your earphones or headphones, it is not that even good. You will hear some "crackly" sounds especially when the music/song produces a high pitch note and feels harsh to the ears even though you know that the quality of your MP3 file is great. I have tried several earphones like Apple Earpods, AKG earphones, and even the stock earphones that came bundled with the device but still to no avail. Snapdragon 636 (SoC) is made to produce a high fidelity sound but it seems like ASUS failed to implement it. I don't know what causes this issue and I hope that ASUS can fix it by issuing a software update.

Here are some links to support the issue I am experiencing:

1. https://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-213615-1-1.html
2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1/help/fix-sup-par-sound-quality-t3830951
3. https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-audio-quality-via-headphones-of-the-Asus-ZenFone-Max-Pro-M1

Also, Asus can try to implement an equalizer 'cause even Stock Android has an equlizer and this device doesn't have it.

If you are experiencing the same issue, please comment below to help support this thread and to have ASUS notice it.

Thank you.

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hello FrancPetersonAmistad,

Good day,
Are your firmware version currently on the latest WW-15.2016.1808.327?
Please kindly check the earphone has fully plug in the jack.

If this problem still appears, please kindly show me below information.
(1.) Does this problem come with when playing youtube?
(2.) Please kindly show me your media volume screenshot.
(3.) When does this problem start to happen?
(4.) Please kindly check this matter in the safe mode.
In safe mode, only the factory pre-installed applications will be loaded.
For instructions, please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... ghlight=safe%2Bmode

Thank you.

Props
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2018/10/12 15:07
Hello FrancPetersonAmistad,

Good day,

Yes, this problem persists on other apps that plays media (example: YouTube, Google Play Music, Netflix). This problem started when I bought the phone. I even did a factory reset but still to no avail. I also tried safe mode but the issue is still there.

Here is the screenshot of me playing a song with the volume near the max level and I can already hear some crackly noises.
Screenshot_20181013-163124.png
Props
@Emilee_ASUS Do you have any updates regarding this issue? I have already sent my phone for repair and got it back but the issue still persists.
Props
BRA Level 1 | All posts
I have the same problem here. With any earphone you will hear some "crackly" and the sound quality is bad. My phone is updated with the latest version.
Props
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2018/12/11 16:37
dipgarcia posted on 2018/12/10 10:39
I have the same problem here. With any earphone you will hear some "crackly" and the sound quality i ...

Hello dipgarcia,

Good day
Thank you for your feedback.

Please tell us which app (and its version) you are using that has this problem.
Could you show us a sample music link as well?
Which earphone are you using? Please tell us the brand and model/ or if it is the originally provided earphone.
Do only earphones have this problem? Could you tell us are there any devices you compared it with, thus you feel like the quality is bad?

Thank you
Props
BRA Level 1 | All posts
Jei_ASUS posted on 2018/12/11 03:35
Hello dipgarcia,

Good day

I used the reset factory, but the issue persist.
What improved a little, was to disable Mono Audio.
Settings -> Accessibility -> Mono Audio

When im not  listening music, audio or video i heards some "buzzing".

Screenshot_20181211-203906.png
Props
Hello Asus team I just bought Asus Zenfone M2 Pro the phone functions are wow except the audio quality when I use my earphone I use a branded earphone which is senheiser because you guys do not offer a earphone so when I listen music in any app for example I use sawaan music app and I even tried Gaana app for music the sound quality which comes through the earphone is not good even I use to hear song quality of 320kpbs which gives HD quality sound but I hear crackling sound noise reduction is zero .I thought it was my earphone problem but it is not I used the same earphone on my Redmi note 4 I use the same music app on that phone the sound quality is wow ... But only with my Asus phone the quality of sound is not acceptable please work that else you will kill my love towards Asus phone 
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
same Headphone volume output problem here on zenfone max pro m2

Props
sawansingsihag posted on 2019/7/1 19:13
same Headphone volume output problem here on zenfone max pro m2

Hi sawansingsihag,

You may open a thread in the ZenFone Max Pro M2 section:
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/ ... display&fid=444
Thank you
Props