ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 8.0.0
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.8 GHz
Rooted: No
APP Name: Messenger
Screenshot: -
Hello, since few days ago the notification led stopped working suddenly for just one app (Messenger); with other apps (like Whatsapp or Gmail) it's still working fine. I went to Settings - App and Notifications - Notifications - Messenger and everything is turned on.
How can i solve this?
Thanks.
Props
Last edited by andriasstefandi on 2018/9/11 21:29

Hello, I don't have Messenger on my phone but hopefully I can help. Before that, have you tried to clear cache and data of Messenger app? If it still doesn't work, I did some experiments with Whatsapp and Telegram to show the color of notification LED, maybe it's similar issue.

Asus Zenfone 5 can show 3 different colors for the notification LED (red, green, white [actually combination of red and green]). On Whatsapp, there is an option to change the notification LED color, you can go to Settings > Notifications > Light (under Message or Group notifications), if you change it to color other than red, green, or white, the notification LED won't blink. I suspect that's the same issue with Messenger, you should find the settings for notification LED color, and change it to green or white.
Props
robbe_881 ITA Level 1 | All posts
Sorry but seems like it's not possible to change LED color in Messenger App.
Anyway i partially solved this. I uninstalled and installed back again the app and LED started to work again with it. The problem is that when i go in Settings - App and Notifications - Notifications - Messenger, to turn off the sound only, the LED also stop working. Under "chat and calls" i have "without sound" but the LED also don't work. I also can't go back to the original setting because if i toggle it off it says "not active".
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2018/9/12 17:09

Hello  robbe_881,

Good day.
Please kindly update the FB messenger to the latest ver.183.0.0.22.92 via Google Play store.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm