Release Note
ZenTalk

[More Information Needed] [Signal/ Connection] LTE Only (Preferred Network Type)

4240 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Shendo PHL Level 1 | All posts
ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: 10/10
Rooted: No
APP Name: Settings
Screenshot: -
I've used few phones which has "LTE Only" in the preferred network settings and it worked like a charm in my area which is far from the main city. I may only had 1 bar of LTE signal but it gets the work done and I still gets a stable and fast LTE connection.

Now after I got my Zenfone 5, I realized that it doesn't have an LTE Only option so I'm stuck at having 3G+ connection and it's really slow compared to having the LTE even at a low signal. Now I know there's a work around by typing *#*#6363*#*# or something, but I dont want to have the hassle of going there every time I'll use my data and when changing back to 2G Only when i'm not using my phone (to preserve battery).

So for Zenfone 5 users who lives far or has low LTE signal on their area, it should be a must have option to have LTE Only option in the Preferred Network Type.
I also noticed that even with the other phones who has 2G/3G/LTE option, other phone prefers to connect to a low signal LTE than Full bar 3G+. Which Zenfone 5 doesn't even do so i'm stuck at a very slow speed of a 3G connection.

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2018/8/29 15:17

Hello  Shendo,

Good day.
About without LTE option, Do you use SIM 1 or Sim2 connect to the mobile data?
If you use SIM2, please kindly go settings >conections > SIM cards> turn on Dual SIM 4G > back to mobile network > SIM2 > you can see the preferred network type " 2G/3G/4G" showing.

Thank you.
Props
I'm only using a single sim on sim1.. Yes I know that 2G/3G/4G option does exist. But what I am asking for is the ability to lock into a 4G LTE signal which other phones can do. It's called "LTE Only" option and not 2G/3G/4G
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
Shendo posted on 2018/8/31 00:44
I'm only using a single sim on sim1.. Yes I know that 2G/3G/4G option does exist. But what I am aski ...

Go to dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#* and select Device Information. Under the preferred network type you can choose LTE Only
Props
datunsolang posted on 2018/9/1 13:24
Go to dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#* and select Device Information. Under the preferred network ty ...

I know that, but it's risky and time-consuming.. and there's a chance that you might change something else which makes your phone worse if not being careful.

It's simple I ask for an update that we can have the "LTE Only" option on network preferred type. Most of the phones have that.. why can't we?
Props
FRA Level 2 | All posts
I agree, I'd like to see that option too
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
datunsolang posted on 2018/9/1 10:24
Go to dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#* and select Device Information. Under the preferred network ty ...

but its time consuming an also u hav to do this procedure every time if u restart ur phone..so LTE only option shud be here in notification shortcut or in main settings
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm