ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: OPR1.170623.032.WW_Phone-15.0619.1807.31-0
Frequency of Occurrence: Not sure
Rooted: No
APP Name: FB messenger
Screenshot:
I recently updated to the latest software version for my Zenfone 5 and noticed that every time i use messaging apps or even use front camera, its so dark i cannot even see my face even when i am outside with good lighting. I restarted my phone several times already. But still it happens. Not only on 1 app but multiple apps that has access to front camera. What should we do to fix this?
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by Shendo on 2018/8/23 23:36

You cannot fix it, it's an issue that is caused by the latest update. We have to either downgrade or wait for the next update to hopefully fix this bug. It's so annoying because, in a dim lighting, you won't be able to take selfie or even do a live stream. I hope they will issue a hotfix ASAP. My phone is unusable -_-'

Is that you Edward Kwon? I thought you said you have no issues on your front camera? XD

Props
delvoux01 PHL Awaiting verification | All posts
Shendo posted on 2018/8/23 23:35
You cannot fix it, it's an issue that is caused by the latest update. We have to either downgrade or ...

I just noticed it last night. Hahaha. Sad.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2018/8/29 14:51

Hello delvoux01 and Shendo,

Good day.
We do not find this issue in the latest system update with message app.
Please kindly restore message app and update to the latest ver.180.0.0.24.76.
(settings > apps & notifications > app info> camera > storage & memory >clear data and cache.)

Does this problem also appear when using Asus PixelMaster Camera only?
In which scenario did you take these pictures? It’s a normal phenomenon if you in the dark environment.

Have a try.  Thank you.

Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2018/8/29 14:48
Hello delvoux01 and Shendo,

Good day.

Kindly use these apps.
1. FB Live
2. Instagram Live
3. Uplive
4. Live me
5. Bigo
6. Messenger
7. Snapchat

Now, use the front camera of those apps on a dimly lit / low light/ night shot. You will notice that the front camera is much darker than the Stock Camera.

It's not the case on the previous updates and I can prove you that because I've downgraded and wiped all my current media files just because of this shitty update. And the old version works well and fixed the issue.

Before I downgraded, I tried to clear cache/date, reinstall apps and updates, even a factory reset.. but it was still dark so before I throw my phone in a garbage can. I resort on a risky downgrade just to fix my phone.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
Haha... Momod have funny way to answer
Props
Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.
We have reported this matter to our tech team.
Props
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2018/9/13 15:37

Hello All,

Good day.
About the front camera of the via third-party apps get dark and blurry photos, after confirming with our tech team, we tested this matter on Nexus 6P、Samsung S8+ all with the same situation. We have reported to third-party apps, and I would suggest you can report it to the app developer at the same time.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Props
PHL Level 2 | All posts
If it's the third party apps' fault, then explain why any third party app with a camera function built in experiences this issue and also how downgrading to an older version of the firmware of the phone fixes this problem for others. It is impossible for it to be  a third party fault as shown by the factors of this issue (downgrading firmware of phone fixes it). Also, please show the pictures or the examples you took with the Nexus 6P and Samsung S8+ that experiences the same result as I can't find any similar issue in a Note 8 phone using the same apps and comparing it with the stock camera.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
ASUS. YOU'RE LIKE THE APPLE DEVELOPER TEAM. ALWAYS GIVING FIX TO PREVIOUS ISSUE BUT ENDED UP HAVING THE SAME ISSUE SOMETIMES EVEN WORST OUTCOME
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm