Release Note
ZenTalk

[Reviews] [ZenFans Review] Capturing images of the world - ZenFone 5 Around the world in 80 days (Part 1)

8231 9
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Wayne_ASUS TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Wayne_ASUS on 2018/8/28 14:09

The all-new ASUS ZenFone 5 has a full, 6.2-inch screen, and its main feature is that it is an AI smart dual-camera smartphone. For those of you who love to use wide-angle lens, the lens of ZenFone 5 is wider than other smartphones and is able to shoot wider views. The hardware specifications of ZenFone 5 give it ultra-high cost efficiency for a smartphone about NTD $10,000.

This time for the small flashmob’s trip around the world, the author brought the ZenFone 5 to take photos along the way to feel the mobility of the phone and its convenient portability. It had an extremely high usage rate and photos were immediately taken and then shared on social networks with friends (for showing off).

All photos taken in this article were taken with ZenFone 5 (except for the few with the phone in the photos)

▲  Arrowtown, South Island, New Zealand during Autumn in April, riding the bicycle in the colorful valley.

▲  Uyuni Salt Lake, Bolivia; having fun with forced perspective – Come catch me!

▲  The capital with the world’s highest altitude – La Paz, Bolivia

▲  Scenery of La Paz after rain

▲  View of Queenstown, New Zealand

▲  High mountain lake in South America that appeared in geography textbooks – Lake Titicaca

▲  Lost city, one of the Seven Wonders of the World – Machu Picchu, Peru

▲  Favorite place on earth of Professor Do in “My Love from the Star” – Atacama Desert, Chile

▲  Sky Mirror, Bolivia at dusk just before nightfall

ZenFone 5 video recording
It supports 4K UHD (3840x2160), is able to record 30fps (frames per second) videos, and has 3-axis EIS. In addition to taking photos, I also like to record videos to record my travel life; for example, the built-in time lapse recording. I just place the phone on a tripod and record for about 5-10 minutes for each video. Most of the time I just left it there recording while I was resting and eating some snacks. It didn’t spend as much time as I imagined, especially for people like me who have bipolar disorder and cannot wait at all.

During the trip, I used ZenFone 5 to record images in front of my eyes, do some simple editing (stretching the video and add background music), and just share it with my friends.

So how exactly do you start taking a trip around the world? How do you buy the plane tickets?
Honestly speaking, although the author travels a lot, I’ve never actually travelled fully around the world. The reason I had the chance to travel around the world this time was because I bought an around-the-world ticket for an extremely low price, and it was from a traditional airline. So just exactly how cheap was it?
The author bought four segments crossing for continents; first I took Korean Air from Seoul, Korea to Auckland, New Zealand, then I took Latam Airlines from Auckland to Santiago, Chile. Then I flew from Lima, Peru to Madrid, Spain using open jaw ticket from Iberia Airlines, and finally flew from Madrid to Tokyo, Japan on All Nippon Airlines (ANA). Each flight segment took over 11 hours, and the total price of the tickets were NTD $28,000.
Then I used budget airlines to connect the flights by travelling from Taipei to Seoul and from Tokyo back to Taipei. When you add them together, the total cost for the trip to explore the world starting from Taiwan was about NTD $35,500 for the six legs of the trip (the trip on Scoot Tigerair was even business class; it would have been another NTD $2,000 cheaper if I didn’t have any check-in luggage).

Personally speaking: Once the tickets are bought, the entire trip was 99% confirmed!

So, Yifan, you bought a total of six tickets to travel around the world?
The truth is, the entire trip took 20 flights. After using the six tickets mentioned above to reach each continent, you can choose different means of transportation to reach your desired destinations, such as trains, long-distant buses or planes. But as I got older, I really didn’t want to waste too much time on long-distant buses, and sometimes travelling by plane is cheaper than taking trains or buses. More importantly, though, it saves us a lot of time. However, this still depends on the travelling goals of each individual.

▲  After returning to Taiwan from the trip around the world, there was even reporters from CTI that came to interview me (this man was dressed too casually and homely.)

ASUS ZenFone 5 Best choice for high cost performance smartphones

The ultra-high screen ratio, full screen ASUS ZenFone 5 has a large 6.2-inch screen with a 5.5 inch body, and it is equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with AI computing capability. Its design is elegant and sturdy; the author Yi-Fan has used it very roughly for over three months without a protective case, and it has dropped on the ground over ten times without any cracks. It deserves high praise! Also, the phone uses high quality contoured 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass screen to delicately blend with the body for its appearance; sometimes it gets slippery in your hand when no protective case is used, so please do so with caution.

However, in a time when the quality of photos taken with smartphones is almost as good as photos taken with portal digital cameras, the number of users who take photos with smartphones has increased significantly. The ZenFone series smartphones have always focused on improving photo quality and effects; this time, ZenFone 5 allows photography to be even smarter, and used the next generation Sony sensor with AI smart dual-camera. It knows 16 smart scenery detection and smart learning in order to predict user needs and adjusts to appropriate photography preferences.

▲  Dual-camera at the back of the smartphone

AI Dual-camera
Rear camera (primary camera)
Uses Sony flagship IMX363 12 megapixel sensor with F1.8 aperture
Wide-angle 24mm focal length with approximately 83° field of vision (the camera of most smartphones has 28mm focal length)
and the camera can be switched to the second ultra-wide angle camera with the touch of a button
4-axis 4-stop OIS / LED Fill Light
Rear camera (secondary camera)
12mm focal length with approximately 120° ultra-wide angle camera
Up to 200% wide field of vision to fit more people and scenery
Front camera
8 megapixel, F2.0 aperture, 24mm focal length, 84° field of vision

▲  Trail under Autumn colors (left photo) is the rear primary camera with 24mm focal length and the (right photo) is the rear secondary camera with 12mm focal length

After having two days of fun in Korea for my trip around the world, I arrived at South Island, New Zealand. April there is the golden Autumn season and it is the favorite season for many people to visit New Zealand because it is very colorful, and we can see different landforms and sceneries, as well as participate in different leisure activities, including hiking, skydiving, bicycle riding, deep ocean fishing, canoeing and riding helicopters etc.
Tourism in New Zealand is very developed, and the public safety there is great; I had great enjoyment travelling here (prices of commodities were acceptable).

Next let’s test the AI photography capability of ZenFone 5 in the three months of trip around the world~~

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
Wow! Lovely photos and great experience sir! Thanks for sharing it here
Props
Wow! It's inspiring to see posts like this. It makes me want to travel the world as well.
Props
IDN Dr.Zen | All posts
that was some dedication mr wayne, love the backstory and it's all from your own pocket right.... ?
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
😍😍😍😍😍

Props
OTHERS Level 3 | All posts
Wow .E muito inspirador msm e que post em
Props
GRC Level 3 | All posts
Magnificent photos and stunning places 
Props
how beautiful 😄🙌
Props
TUR Level 1 | All posts
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">güzel cok güzel </font></font></font></font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"> : Sevimlilik:</font></font>
Props
I have visited this site first time and now gonna be a regular visitor, keep up good work.
http://royalplaymate.com/
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm