ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZS621KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 8.0
Frequency of Occurrence: Continuous
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera and Whatsapp Camera and Sytem UI
Screenshot: -
I have purchased Asus Zenfone 5Z 8GB variant from Flipkart on 30th July, 2018. I have used this phone for last 4-5 days and encountered several bugs and issues related to software of this phone which have given me bad experiences with this phone. I bought this phone as I believed that Asus would provide me a phone which will give me a hassle-free and delightful experience but that has not been the case so far given the price point of this phone (INR 36999).

However, these issues can be fixed with software updates, and I have made a list of these bugs and issues which I have encountered with my phone over the past 4-5 days to help you identify and fix them at the earliest.

The list of bugs and issues in Asus Zenfone 5Z is as follows:
1. Camera bugs and issues:-
a) Extreme Flickering and low quality in slow motion recording.
b) Grainy and low quality pictures both from the front and the back camera (noise both in photo and video mode).
C) Slow shutter response even on sd 845
d) Edge detection in portrait mode needs improvement.
e) Camera becomes extremely slow and laggy in low lighting conditions when using flash.
f) Exposure setting when taking a photo is very poor. Sometimes overexposes the subject and sometimes underexposes the subject. It's not perfect.
g) WhatsApp camera is extremely slow and laggy.
h) Whatsapp camera can't take proper pictures in low lighting conditions.
i) Whatsapp camera becomes extremely laggy when using flash.
j) Pinkish tint on images from front camera.
k) Video recording in low lighting conditions is extremely grainy.
l) Very poor camera video quality on WhatsApp video call.

2. UI bugs and issues:-
a) Media Volume stepping is not uniform at all. Volume becomes almost zero at half way point on the media volume bar.
b) Sometimes the nav bar show button won't appear after hiding it.
c) The notification drop down should be a 2 step drop with the first one showing just the 6 notification panel shortcuts and the next one showing the full notification panel. Currently it is just a single step drop down.
d) Face unlock is a 2 step process and the power button needs to be pressed to be able to unlock the device before the device recognises my face.
e) Face recognition needs to be improved for low lighting conditions. It doesn't recognise at all in low lighting conditions now.
f) Face unlock should be faster.
g) Applock page deselects the apps previously selected on a previous page, if swiping to another page before saving.
h) Sometimes applock doesn't respond to fingerprint scanner.
i) The locked apps keep showing the preview in the app drawer.
j) Auto brightness doesn't work properly. Dims the screen too much even when im use and doesn't recover until turned off.
k) Sometimes applock would keep showing that an app is locked in the app drawer even when disabled.
l) Battery drains too fast.
m) Sometimes the fast charging won't enable.

3. Fingerprint sensor bugs and issues:-
a) Sometimes the fingerprint detection fails.
b) Fingerprint sensor should give a haptic feedback when unlocking.
c) Fingerprint should be able to lock the phone.
d) Fingerprint sensor needs to be faster.

I hope that software updates will be released soon which will fix these bugs and issues with the phone so that I can really experience the delightful experience which Asus promises with it's devices.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Wonderfully summed up...
My dear Asus team kindly look into the issues
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
Yes....
Thes3 are th3 Main Issues and ASUS need to take Att3ntion 
Props
@Max_Asus Please take a note of this and kindly forward the issues to the concerned departments. Thanks.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Asus look into this
Every one facing this
Kindly update
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Siddhantsanjay,

You have not mentioned your firmware version.

You can also try to factory reset your device and monitor the issues

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-7627-1-1.html
Props
@Max_Asus Firmware version is 80.11.37.95. And no, factory reset doesn't work. Also, I know what I am talking about so kindly refrain from suggesting these dumb solutions and kindly forward these bugs and issues to the concerned departments. Thanks.
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
MAX_ASUS posted on 2018/8/7 15:54
Hi Siddhantsanjay,

You have not mentioned your firmware version.

Plzzz frwrd these issue to RD team and Test yourselves andd kindly provide a better Update....
Low light and night photography became worse aftr .95 Update..
Toooo much ov3rexposed and lots of Noiseee
Props
This is good work of consolidating all issues. Asus team before writing factory reset please go through what is written. These issues require fixes and not factory reset. Please take this seriously and let this effort not go waste. If you want to check issues with Asus camera app install gcam and check it yourself.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Hdr got worse after 95 update....so just listen to that gie and his bugs report and fix those issue instead of giving lame solutions @max asus #flagshipredifined
Props
123456Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm