Release Note
ZenTalk
1234Next

[Replied] [Camera] Brightness increases to Max on opening Camera App.

11492 31
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZB601KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW-15.2016.1805.318
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Last edited by prashanth.itagalli on 2018/7/25 23:05

The brightness in my ASUS max pro increases to maximum everytime on opening camera app and until I click photos.But after closing the camera app, it again becomes normal. I checked all camera options such as ISO, Exposure, White light, Anti-banding etc. But there is no setting related this issue .

Kindly advice how to make brightness to remain the same even after opening camera app.

Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Prashanth.itagalli,

The location where you are using your camera must be bright and this might be leading to brighter camera.

Can you share us a picture or video for investigation?

Also reboot to safe mode and check if the issue persist

Long press power button> long press power off option> Ok> you will enter safe mode.
Props
Hi,
I rebooted the phone in Safe-Mode. Even then the Brightness of the screen increases to Maximum on opening Camera App. As required I have uploaded the video of the issue for your investigation.

Asus Zenfone Max pro Camera Brightness Issue.rar

5.7 MB, Downloads: 297

Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
I can't believe MAX_ASUS gave that response. It is the default behaviour of camera apps. I have used atleast 10 different versions of android on countless number of flavours and that's how it performs for a long long time. I don't remember if custom camera apps behave differently but stock camera apps definitely behaves like this.
Props
Techzy posted on 2018/7/26 21:01
I can't believe MAX_ASUS gave that response. It is the default behaviour of camera apps. I have used ...

I have checked with my friend who have ASUS Max Pro M1 handset of same model. In his handset brightness does not increase on opening camera app and remains the same.

Thats the reason I posted on the forum.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Mine certainly does and almost every phone I used behave that way. It's supposedly done  to make things easy for you. Sometimes you need a bright screen to properly see what you're recording or capturing. 
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Techzy posted on 2018/7/26 23:38
Mine certainly does and almost every phone I used behave that way. It's supposedly done  to mak ...

My friend it never happened with me before with other devices that I used. FYI this brightness bump FEATURE is not present on any of the Samsung or Xiaomi devices...
Props
Last edited by prashanth.itagalli on 2018/7/27 15:43
MAX_ASUS posted on 2018/7/26 14:17
Hi Prashanth.itagalli,

The location where you are using your camera must be bright and this might b ...

Hi,
I rebooted the phone in Safe-Mode. Even then the Brightness of the screen increases to Maximum on opening Camera App. As required I have uploaded the video of the issue for your investigation.

Asus Zenfone Max pro Camera Brightness Issue.rar

5.7 MB, Downloads: 143

Props
MYS Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by azeemzuhair on 2018/7/28 18:37

Try calibration below:
1) Toggle ON auto-brightness in Display.
2) Reboot M1.
3) In the notification panel, slide the brightness to the lowest.
4) Use any light source to light up the light sensor (next to front camera). We should see the screen will increase the brightness.
5) Remove the light source. The screen should dim.
6) Launch stock camera app. The screen should remain dim.
7) Torch the light sensor. The camera should increase brightness.
8) Remove light source and the camera should dim back again.

We need to do these steps every time rebooting M1. I found that there is a bug in the auto-brightness features. Some people claim the screen "flicker". Actually, it's the light sensor algorithm not properly programmed by Asus. More OTA(s) to come.....
Props
MYS Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by azeemzuhair on 2018/7/28 19:30
Techzy posted on 2018/7/27 02:38
Mine certainly does and almost every phone I used behave that way. It's supposedly done  to mak ...

It shouldn't maximize the brightness in dark area. There's no reason to use 500 nits brightness in dark area when 200 nits (or less) is enuff to see the details in the camera app...

Asus must upload OTA to fine tune the auto-brightness algorithm. Please follow the auto-brightness algorithm like in ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL...
Props
1234Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm