Release Note
ZenTalk
12Next

[Replied] [Signal/ Connection] Mobile data unstable - internet disrupting in between

777 11
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
raunak.now56 IND Level 2 | All posts
ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZB601KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 15.2016.1805.318-20180712
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly - every 5 minutes
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Last edited by raunak.now56 on 2018/7/23 19:54

The mobile data icon which blinks constantly,  next to 4g volte icon(2 outward triangles), the blinking keeps disappeaing from time to time and it is affecting the internet connection. I am using Jio for internet. Tried to put it in another sim slot but still the same. Tried vodafone and airtel too, no difference. Still the blinking keeps disappeaing from time to time and internet gets disrupt for 5-10 seconds. For e.g. when i am doing a video call using skype or hangouts, the mobile data icon would disappear and the call would get frozen for 5-10 seconds until the icon comes back. Or when i am playing an online game, i would get disconnected from the server after every 5 minutes or so. This is a major issue. I am on the latest firmware, .318. This has been happening since i bought the phone, which was a week ago.
I have tried booted my phone into safe mode, no changes, still same.  I have also tried putting various network carrier sim cards in the different slots, still no effect. I have also wiped system cache partition. The issue remains.
This is a major software issue unlike fingerprint and camera. Mobile data is something that we use constantly. Please look into this and fix it ASAP.
Thanks!
Props
IND Ban Posts | All posts
Tips: The author has been banned or deleted, content has been banned automatically
Props
Romit119 posted on 2018/7/23 21:27
So many people have this problem, so many complaints already registered. But one reply we got so far ...

Is that so? Then it's really disappointing. Asus isn't fixing real issues like network connectivity but are just rushing with the updates, no matter how many bugs it adds to the device. Not all network provider can be faulty. I have tried 3 different - airtel, jio and Vodafone.
Now, what should i do, talk to all 3 of them because ASUS isn't accpeting its buggy software and not trying to rectify it? Shame!!
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Raunak.now,

The signal will come when the data is transmitted.

If the internet is idle and not being used, it will not work.

However, it depends on the internet data which is being received.

If the data is continuously being received, the signal will be shown.

Also depends on the service provider.
Props
Hi Raunak.now,

If the internet is idle and not being used, it will not work.

However, it depends on the internet data which is being received.

If the data is continuously being received, the signal will be shown.

Also depends on the service provider.
Props
Seems like I wasted 11k. 
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Y u idiots r not accepting that its ur phones issue. Play just pne match of mobile legends or pubg u will understand it urself. Ur crappy phone cant even give a stable internet connection how can u ever think of competing with other phones. Either you solve this issue or ur phone is going to get viral and u r going to lose all the customers. This is pure cheating what u all r doing with us right now. U r cheating ur customers by saying that its a great gaming phone while the reality is quite different. Now its hightime that u shoukd stop giving excuses and look into this matter with great importance. If ur phones bad experience gets viral then u wl lose all the customers. Stop giving excuse and do something for this issue.
Props
danielhijam posted on 2018/7/24 23:05
Y u idiots r not accepting that its ur phones issue. Play just pne match of mobile legends or pubg u ...

Absolutely correct mate!! They are just not ready to accept such a critical issue. If this issue goes viral, the phone will stop selling unless they resolve this issue. But they can't resolve it until they admit that such an issue persist. We are not crazy people, trying to forge an issue in a newly bought phone. We just wanted a decent phone and got a buggy device.
Props
MAX_ASUS posted on 2018/7/24 11:37
Hi Raunak.now,

@MAX_ASUS. Do you guys really have that much nerve to cover up such a critical issue?? Shame on you and your team!! Really can't believe that you won't even acknowledge our issue and pass it to the technical team. Shame!!
Props
Last edited by MAX_ASUS on 2018/8/21 08:41

Hi Raunak,

Please check your inbox.

enable the log tool until the network drop problem occur.

Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm