ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 6 .352/2.0.0.39_171124
Frequency of Occurrence: 2300
Rooted: No
APP Name: Asus Cover
Screenshot: -
The Asus Cover app, in the clock tab doesn't anymore show notifications of sms, mails and lost calls anymore.
I've tried to uninstall the app but hasn't worked.
I use only Asus apps for mail and sms too (latest version found around).
How can I have the notifications working again?
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
Does the app got an update since the issue started?
You may want to check app Permissions and in Settings-Security-Device administrators and Apps with usage access.
Also check in Settings-Notification and Settings-Accessibility and see Services.
Props
il Santo ITA Level 2 | All posts
Already done. Troubles dates back to my marshmallow update. In other words the app worked with lollipop only.
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
il Santo posted on 2018/7/10 21:41
Already done. Troubles dates back to my marshmallow update. In other words the app worked with lolli ...

Oh yes, quite few Asus apps has been discontinued while ago (since marshmallow came out).
Well I think there is no solution for it, unless you downgrade back to Lollipop.
Props
Last edited by il Santo on 2018/7/11 20:05

I don't think I'm asking for the Moon if I ask Asus to find a fix for 2 reasons:
1- the official Asus cover, which I own, is no useful at all without that app. And the cover itself is not cheap.
2 - that app should not have been discontinued cause its latest update is dated 26/11/2017; not so much time after all.
Props
IRN Level 3 | All posts
you can deactive asus cover app and clean app's data...just go to setting>apps>choose asus cover app>make deactive and clean data of app
you can reset recently settings too...maybe it correct
hope i can help u
Props
IRN Level 3 | All posts
but you can search it in google...like"cover apps problems","the reson of unvisible nattifications"
Props
IRN Level 3 | All posts
and did you look for solution in asus device manager?must of the time it can solve problems
Props
Asus device manager: daily used.
App already unistalled, reinstalled, cache clensed and the like.
@moghaddasi, if you mean factory reset not specifically done cause I need the phone working and it take so much time to fully config it.
Have tried the Google thing in the past but didn't find a solution; just other users with same or similar problem.
Props
Ah, by the way: cover app has access to notifications and has permission to everything
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm