ZenTalk
12Next

[Reviews] [ZenFans Review] [Zenfone 5 Review] Overview of AI charging  

557285 11
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Wayne_ASUS TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Wayne_ASUS on 2018/7/4 16:24

In this article, I want to talk about one of AI functions in ZenFone 5. That is AI charging.

Let me introduce this AI charging briefly. The story is from a common usage. Users always charge their mobile at night until they get up. Users spend 6-8 hours to charge it, but charging could be completed in 2 hours. Your phone will stay at full charge but still connect with socket during this period. Therefore, ZenFone 5 adds a new function, AI charging.

• There are three modes in AI charging.

• Turn off AI charging.
    • Turn on AI charging and adopt system intelligent learning.
    • Turn on AI charging and adopt personal schedule.

Tap “scheduled charging” could edit the schedule.
Note: I only have ZenFone 3 adapter, so the voltage is 5V in the following screenshots.

First Mode: Turn Off AI charging
The charging is same as usual.
0%~70% is 2A quick charging.
70%~90% is 1.5A charging.
90%~100% is 1A slow charging
After charging to 100% it will change to trickle charging for a while, then stop charging.

▲ I think the 8ma at the top caused by problem of APP. Actually current detector shows 0~2.

Next I skipped to the third mode: Turn on AI charging and adopt personal schedule.
I set the charging schedule from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM.

From the beginning it charges as previous (voltage will change from 2A to 1.5A). When charging reaches 80%, it stops. Until 9:00 AM it resumes to charge and become trickle charging when it reaches 100%. Same as noted previously, the 8ma at the top is APP problem.

The charging histogram is as follows

There is no charging from 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM. This ways has two advantages. One is saving power and reducing the loss of adapter. Another one is avoiding battery stay at 100% for a long time.

Finally, let’s us back to mode 2. What is turn on AI charging and adopt system intelligent learning?

It means smart phone will record your usage and set AI charging schedule according your behavior.
Assume you always go to bed at 10:00 PM and get up at 6:00 AM, and you also charge mobile phone at the same time. After a period time, AI system will record this schedule. It will start to charge at 10:00 PM until 80% and resume charging at 4:00 AM.

Okay. This is my introduction of AI charging. If you want to train system to learn your behavior, you need a regular life first.

In addition, PowerMaster of ZenFone 5 is new edition, so I will give a brief outline in next part.

▲Application > Mobile Manager

▲There are 6 icons in PowerMaster. Battery care is the AI charging I mentioned in this article.

▲After scanning, system will show which setting could be adjusted to reduce power consumption.

▲ZenFone users are familiar to Auto-start manager. You can allow or dis-allow application to auto-start from it.

▲When power is low, you can switch to Super saving mode.

▲You could detect power system of mobile phone from power-safe technology.

▲System will show which setting could be adjust to reduce power consumption.

Here is my introduction of AI charging. Thank you for your reading.

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
MKD Level 7 | All posts
Nice article and interesting informations .
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
Sounds great.  Would be very useful.
Props
PAK Level 2 | All posts
Hey i was wondering why dont you stop with your frickin ai charging and lying and release the update which u promised but couldn't keep
Props
TWN Level 1 | All posts
Hello, is this feature only for the Zenfone 5 or older models will get updated as well? 
Props
SAU Level 1 | All posts
When we get update zenUI 5 on zoom 3
Props
POL Level 2 | All posts
Is this AI function will be available for ZenFone 3 max?
Is zenUI 5 will be available for ZenFone 3 max?
When android Oreo will be available for ZenFone 3 max?
Props
Nice info share here! Keep it up
Props
BGD Level 1 | All posts
Is zenfone live compatible for nought 8.1 update?
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Please update Charing 
Not charging so long time 
Please short time charging update
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|