Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Power/Battery] Improve battery life?

2101 2
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
yakultaunty SGP Level 1 | All posts
ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW15.0617.1804.82
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Hi Team Asus, thank you for the constant updates. So far most problems have been fixed quite consistently and this is commendable.

Hope you can focus on battery life in general. It is a weak point of this phone, OnePlus 5T with same battery size 3300mAh and higher power consumption Snapdragon 835 can get 6+h SOT, meanwhile I am struggling to get 5h on ZE620KL.

Maybe you can start with display:
- The lowest brightness is still too high and can be further reduced for night reading.
- Asus auto brightness does not seem to work well. It either sticks at too low or too high brightness. You guys should create a new auto brightness feature and call it "AI Brightness". Basically, the user is allowed to set own brightness even in auto brightness mode. Then the "AI Brightness" will remember the set brightness and average out the settings in order to deliver a better auto brightness under different conditions. As more and more data is stored, the auto brightness would become smarter and smarter.

I notice also many services taking up system time and creating wake locks, also hope this can be optimized the next round and unnecessary features removed.

Please do consider. Cheers.
Props
HUN Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by Phoenixy on 2018/6/7 22:16

Hi,

I think battery life is quite good, though there are a few things I have to say.
Lowest brightness is indeed too high, if it's possible it'd be great to lower it. I also created a suggestion for that in the ideas forum: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=46.
The auto brightness is the default Android "adaptive brightness" I think. I don't think ASUS should work on this ( so they can save developement time), because AI brightness will come with Android P.
The OnePlus 5T has an AMOLED screen, which saves the battery more, than our LCD screen (however I prefer LCD screens).

There's only one weird thing, is that during night (about 8 hours) my Zenfone 5's battery depletes about 5%, when I don't even touch it, which I think is too high. Not sure what's going on, but I think should be about 2-3%.

Props
Hello
If you would like to suggest this as an improvement to our RD team
please feel free to post your needs in the "Idea for next" section, at the following:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=46
Posts in that section will be highly considered by our team
Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day

Thank you
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm