ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZB601KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: ASUS_X00T-WW-14.2016.1804.252
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.4GHZ
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I purchased the Zonefone Max Pro from Flipkart last week.

My problems started on day one. The upload isn't working properly in my phone. I troubleshot for very long and isolated the issue to a Wi-Fi chip problem. The upload speeds are around 0.05 kbps all the time.

Then I exchanged the phone from Flipkart as I had 10 day exchange policy. Today I received a new phone.

I tested everything before I installed the latest update. Everything was working fine.

Suspecting that my previous phone was indeed a faulty, I installed the latest update WW-14.2016.1804.252. To my great surprise I am having the same issues again!!!!!

Symptoms:
- Several applications don't connect to the internet when connected over Wi-Fi.
- They would randomly say not connected to internet even when they are connected to internet!

Troubleshooting done so far:
- Network settings reset.
- Factory reset twice.
- Cache partition wiped several times.
- Changed a different Wi-Fi router.
- Booted the phone into safe mode and when I try speed test using browser, I get 0.05 kbps upload speed consistantly.

To salvage the problem, I am trying to downgrade to WW-14.2016.1802.247 but it's not allowing me
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Shriganesh,

You have mentioned that several apps do not connect. Do you mean to say that some apps get connected to the wifi?

There might be connectivity issue with the wifi.

Can you share us the error screenshot?

If you have performed a factory reset and still unable to solve the issue, we suggest you to get the device checked at service center for once.

They can investigate the device physically.

Please let us know the RMA number after visiting the service center.

We will do the best to resolve you issue.

Thank You for your post.
Props
shriganesh IND Level 1 | All posts
Hi @MAX_ASUS,
Thank you for the reply.

Few apps don't sync properly. Some apps, even when mobile is connected to Wi-Fi, they say no internet available.

Another symptom is upload is VERY slow, literally 0.03 to 0.05 kbps! I've tried multiple application and browser based tests even by booting into safe mode!

No issue with the Wi-Fi network. Other phones work fine. Heck before I installed the WW-14.2016.1804.252 update, this phone itself was working perfectly fine!

But it broke after I installed the update. I don't think it's a hardware issue. Because the same thing happened with 2 Zenphone Max Pro M1. I got the same issue in my first phone. Then replaced in Flipkart. Ran tests before installing the software upgrade, it was fine.

Then installed the upgrade and restarted the phone, issue started.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Can you show us the error screenshot?

We suggest you to visit the service center once.

Let us know.
Props
shriganesh IND Level 1 | All posts
I'd really appreciate if you can suggest me a way to downgrade to WW-14.2016.1802.247 without visiting the service center. It's a pain to take a brand new phone to service center!
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Hi shriganesh,

Are you still having the same issue?

I am also facing the same issue. Initially, I thought it might be some issue from my ISP but today just checked with other device and all are working fine with the same network. However, my device is having trouble and not able to use many apps like
Props
Hello  today only I bought ASUS max pro  I cant download anything while connected on wifi but in Mobile network is working fine  I have done all the trouble shooting steps  but it still not working
Props
Hello today only I bought ASUS max and i am facing problem can't download while in wifi this problem i am facing after I updated Android 8.1.0
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Hello, I bought ASUS MAX Pro M1 Last week. I also had same issues. Some apps such as Gmail, Facebook, Adding Google Account, etc.. was not connecting through WiFi..
I also have issuses with whatsapp for not uploading images.
Please rectify the issue as soon as possible.
Please reply.
Props
Actually got this problem for a month and I checked this forum no one got this problem and I thought my WiFi router problem but it's not..so I contacted Asus customer care they said the same to go to service center..I know that it's a software issue..so am waiting for the update..
Props
12345678Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm