Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: V2.19.40.20
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.8
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please clarify this. One of the main reason why i bought the phone is beacause of the MHL support that according to this page the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 2G ram has. but upon recieving & trying it I am un able to make it work. Although I checked all apps there is an application there that has a label HDMI, which confuses me even more as to whether or not this phone really supports MHL?

P.s
for those who are not familliar MHL stands for Mobile Hi-Definition Link, with this & a normal HDMI cable you can connect your device to your TV or any other display medium that has HDMI port
Props
USA Level 3 | All posts
looks like a mistake. The MHL site only has the Asus Padfone 2 as a compatible device: http://www.mhltech.org/devices.aspx?tid=1
Props
USA Beta Tester | All posts
On the official Asus website for the Zenfone 2 (both models of the 551ML), it doesn't show a listing for supporting MHL. It is also confirmed on a thread on xda that it does not support MHL. That website you visited is incorrect.
Props
khuago PHL Level 3 | All posts
I see, I appreciate all your response. I do hope that Asus is planning on adding that feature on the 5.1 update. That would be awesome!!!

another quick question.
when you check the all apps under settings>apps>all
you'll see something there that says HDMI.
what do you think that's for?
Props
USA Beta Tester | All posts
I don't what it is there for, however, it apparently has every permission possible for the entire phone and it is always running. My guess would be the screen or the internal miracast/chromecast support because that would be the only reason why it would need all the permissions like the wifi, network, etc.
Props
khuago PHL Level 3 | All posts
on my previous phones. (avid xperia user) most of the units that ive handled has MHL support & has that HDMI app on it as well xperia v & xperia z1. hmmm confusing right???
Props
USA Level 3 | All posts
khuago posted on 2015/7/12 21:59
on my previous phones. (avid xperia user) most of the units that ive handled has MHL support & has t ...

I had it on my Nokia N8. I used it once since the phone came with the cable, and i never used it again.

Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
In that GSMARENA it self said that the specification are not 100% assure. So better you may see the features in Original Site (i.e., if ASUS mean in weblogs of ASUS) then confirm the feature and go for the purchase in other outlets.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
me also using ZenFone 2 ZE551ML 2GB RAM model but I have problem with phone the RAM Of this phone not working my phone becomes slow
Props
PHL Level 5 | All posts
too bad...=( hope they will release a zenfone MHL...;)
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm