ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZE520KL
RAM: 4GB
Firmware/App Version: Please see attached
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: Pixel Master
Screenshot:
Description: My camera is not able to focus on any object and the outcome is always blurry. When I restore factory settings for camera, it works for 5 minutes and then again the same problem appears. It doesn't work in manual focus as well.
The camera doesn't have any scratches. The ruler application is able to focus and tell correct distance but image is still blurry. Since, it's able to tell the correct distance, I think it's not a sensor issue. Looks like a firmware issue to me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My camera is not able to focus on any object and the outcome is always blurry. When I restore factory settings for camera, it works for 5 minutes and then again the same problem appears. It doesn't work in manual focus as well.
The camera doesn't have any scratches. The ruler application is able to focus and tell correct distance but image is still blurry. Since, it's able to tell the correct distance, I think it's not a sensor issue. Looks like a firmware issue to me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Screenshot_20180430-211750.jpg
Screenshot_20180430-211802.jpg
Props
BRA Level 1 | All posts
I have the same problem with my Zenfone 3 
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
well, they didn't  fixed is but there is passive fix for it.

1] goto camera app and then settings and in focus set it to smart-auto focus.
2] restart app, and check again.

if this didn't worked then follow below steps:

A. goto settings then apps then in camera app clear cache and data from storage.
b. restart app, and now whenever you use manual mode don't  forget to set FOCUS setting back to auto I have noticed when you close camera app directly (leaving it manually  focused n Manual mode)when next time you open camera  focusing freezes, and you have to reset camera app to solve problem.

Do Hit BEST ANSWER if this solved your issue.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
kevin.dacunha posted on 2018/4/30 22:51
I have the same problem with my Zenfone 3 

well, they didn't  fixed is but there is passive fix for it.

1] goto camera app and then settings and in focus set it to smart-auto focus.
2] restart app, and check again.

if this didn't worked then follow below steps:

A. goto settings then apps then in camera app clear cache and data from storage.
b. restart app, and now whenever you use manual mode don't  forget to set FOCUS setting back to auto I have noticed when you close camera app directly (leaving it manually  focused n Manual mode)when next time you open camera  focusing freezes, and you have to reset camera app to solve problem.

Do Hit BEST ANSWER if this solved your issue.
Props
vicky3b IND Level 1 | All posts
@ImShrey 
1. Didn't  work. 2. That would basically mean camera app factory reset. But I tried that too, no luck
Props
Hello vicky3b
If you encounter focus issues, I would suggest to send the phone to your nearest repair center for check ups
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Thank you
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm