ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: can't access to see
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.8
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
My zenfone won't charge itself. no led light.my warranty is already over so i open my zenfone, foundout that the sim card tray upper ribbon is torn off. is the sim card tray needed for the phone to charge itself? cause if that's the case, i might buy a new sim card tray. battery is not at fault as far as i'm concern cause i'm using it before it won't charge.

Props
IDN Dr.Zen | All posts
I suggest you bring it to the nearest ASC in your area.
Props
PHL Level 2 | All posts
iyon_srgn posted on 2018/4/7 11:47
I suggest you bring it to the nearest ASC in your area.

this is my original account. i'm the one who posted this. the amount that i'm gonna pay is equal to buying new zenfone 3 max. that's why i'll try to fix it myself since i have a slight knowledge about this thing. what i just want to confirm if the flex cable is needed for the phone to charge? the thing that connects the sim/sd card to usb port and motherboard.
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
Legendar posted on 2018/4/7 06:18
this is my original account. i'm the one who posted this. the amount that i'm gonna pay is equal t ...

Yep pretty sure you need to replace the complete SIM's/SD card with the flex cables. It is charging from USB board through to flex to motherboard where is the battery is connected. You can probably get it on eBay for around $5.

Quite easy job, if you not sure, watch how to disassemble ze551ml on YouTube.
Props
PHL Level 2 | All posts
Robex posted on 2018/4/8 04:16
Yep pretty sure you need to replace the complete SIM's/SD card with the flex cables. It is chargin ...

yah. that upper part where it connects to the motherboard has been rip off. thank you for confirming that i needed that. thought the motherboard/usb port is at fault but i doubted it cause i'm using it before it won't turn on and charge again and saw it's been rip.
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Robex on 2018/4/8 20:36

No problem mate, let me know how it goes.

Just a suggestion, I don't know how long you have your phone and if is possible that the battery is now comletely discharged and stays like that for sometime, you may find a problem with the Li-Poly battery (very short life e.g). Maybe is good time to replace the battery too since you will need to remove the SIM/SD tray with the flex if you need it replace later.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi agustinchristianjohn,

Good day.
Please use another cable for a check.
If this problem still persists, I would suggest you bring your phone to a local service center for a check.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Props
PHL Level 2 | All posts
Robex posted on 2018/4/9 04:20
No problem mate, let me know how it goes.

Just a suggestion, I don't know how long you have your ph ...

UPDATE:
installed the new flex cable. when i charge it, there's vibration and the led turn on indicating it's charging but after 10-20sec it went off and i don't know if it's charging or not. when i left it plug in, i can feel the heat meaning it's receiving power unlike before but i can't turn it on. guess the phone is really dead. i'm going to samsung now since my bother's samsung is 6yrs old now and still functioning unlike my zenfone 2 which is 2 years old only but then it's already dead.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm