ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZB570TL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_Phone-14.02.1801.52-20180318
Frequency of Occurrence: /
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I can't seem to find the option to save the app data to SD card. I can find it only in Camera app and in some specific apps like Google Maps, but I would like to be able to set the default save location for new apps an app data to SD card. I have not been able to find this setting in my phone. Now all data and new apps are saved to internal memory which is filling up fast.

Given that there is only 32 GB of internal memory in the phone and that the phone supports SD cards up to 256 GB I'm sure that developers wouldn't forget to include this option.
Thank you!

Props
Hello M1TH
If you are asking for apps moving to SD card, this is not supported any more.
If you are asking for data that some apps required to save in SD card, it would depend on the app itself whether it has this option or not. Thank you
Props
M1TH SVN Level 2 | All posts
Hi bill2_chang_ASUS,
thanks for your answer.
I was actually asking for both - moving apps to SD and moving data to SD. It makes total sense to use SD because SD memory can be 8 times as big as phone memory.

May I ask why the support for moving apps to SD card was removed?

Props
ITA Level 1 | All posts
I would like to know why is not possible moving apps to SD card too.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
It's not supported anymore due to security issues as some apps gather/collect information that can be used to personally identify it's users. Plus, it poses risks to data integrity if the apps are just sitting on the memory card which can be possibly taken out and used in another device.  Imagine your information in an app on the card and you lost your phone; or you decide to insert the card into another device and the app or some of its component files got overwritten or deleted. It's Google who implemented this change/policy.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm